Skip to content
Creative Real Estate Financing

User Stats

Votes
Robert Ferrell
  • Yuba City, CA
Votes |
Why should a seller offer financing with no money down?

Robert Ferrell
  • Yuba City, CA
Posted Aug 26 2016, 03:48

Being a new investor with absolutely no money in my bank account, I am very interested in the prospect of Seller Financing. I have read that it is usally much much easier to work out a financing deal with a property owner rather than a bank, especially when you are looking to buy mulitifamily properties (which I intend to buy). My question is, how can/should I try and convince an owner to finance to me when I have no money down. I know this is a very common question. Everyone wants to do a deal with no money down and blah blah blah. But, I am being serious. What can/should I offer instead of a down payment in order to incentivise the owner to actually financing their property to me. 

If you have any experience making offers to sellers with no money down, what did you offer? How did you add value or convince them that doing a deal with you without recieving any money down would work for them. I am very interested in not making this a one-sided deal (i.e. I want your property for nothing and you should thank me for taking it). I want to create a deal that satisfies both my need to get the property with no down payment and the sellers need to feel they have made a good deal.

Also, if you are a seller that has financed to someone with no down payment, what did the agreement look like? What did they offer you? What were the terms? Any relelvant info would be extrememly appriciated!

Loading replies...