HELOC are on the rise.....

3 Replies

I received this article from a friend who runs a local landlord meeting once a month. I had reached out to him looking for HELOC assistance for investment properties. I have a meeting tomorrow at 10 AM with a local bank offering HELOCs on "Secondary Properties". I plan to share what I find out in my area. I have 3 properties paid for that are just throwing off cash and I want to use the increased value to buy, fix and rent out more. Enjoy! TransUnion: HELOCS to Spike 30% in 2017

Sign that lending is loosening.

@Brian Ploszay It is loosening, but there are certain ones that will still offer this on investment properties, while most will say no. 

So far I have the following, with regard to Investment properties (Look the phone numbers up at the site under HELOC):

Bank America - No

Citibank - No

BBVA Compass - No

Ameris Bank - No

Chase - Maybe, depends on circumstances, primary HELOCs start at 80% LTV.$50 fee, Local Tax (mine is 0.055 x loan amount), $50 cost per year, 10 year, APR dependent on underwriting. 680 credit score necessary. Min is 15k, max 500k

TD Bank - Yes, 75% LTV, origination of $99, annual fee $50, 4.49%, if value is over 200k, they have an appraisal by licensed professional, if under, they use a "desktop appraisal" (Tax collector value). 685 credit score required.

CenterState Bank - Yes, but its a commercial loan, they lend out 50-60% of the ARV and want:

•  Last 3-years of your personal tax returns (and K1s)
  • Current personal financial statement (form attached)
  • Information on the 3 residential properties (addresses, rental rates, etc..)

Still working on more. I think I may have a portfolio lender (can have more than 4 properties in our name). Trustline Mortgage here in Jacksonville. Hope it helps. 

I have a contact for them with MO Bank forget the terms, but they'll do em. Also PenFed will do them (or at least they should, haven't actually called).

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.