Tool to Analyze Tax Impact of Purchase, Rental, and Sale

4 Replies

I recently became a Pro on this website, so maybe I have missed the tool I'm looking for.  I would like to be able to add year to year tax analysis to my real estate deal analysis to see how negative cashflow properties (typical in SoCal) will impact my taxes both during the rental/depreciation period and at the time of sale (with depreciation recapture and capital gains).  Can anyone point me in the direction of a tool that will do this for me and show the analysis on an annual basis given inflation rates on rents, expenses, etc?

@David Gwilt

There are so many variables but you can use turbo tax and run the numbers by year. 

Originally posted by @Carl Fischer :

@David Gwilt

There are so many variables but you can use turbo tax and run the numbers by year. 

Carl, I appreciate the input but I am looking for a tool where I can run a 10-20 year analysis by inputting the variables once as well as the expected annual increases in both income and expenses for the property given a set income tax rate and self employment tax.

@David Gwilt , it's not a BP tool but I just ran across  this earlier today that seems to include the tax calculations you need. I haven't researched yet to see if there are comparable tools, so maybe there are others as well.

Originally posted by @Hasan Otuome :

@David Gwilt , it's not a BP tool but I just ran across  this earlier today that seems to include the tax calculations you need. I haven't researched yet to see if there are comparable tools, so maybe there are others as well.

Thanks for the link!  Looking for other tools still to compare to.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.