Low cost self-directed IRA (single transaction)

6 Replies

I'm looking to rollover my 401k into a self-directed IRA for the purpose of investing in a note. The holder of the note would use the money to buy real estate but I would only receive one payment annually so there would be very few transactions. What is the lowest cost company to establish a self-directed IRA for the purpose of this transaction?

You are going to want to talk to several professionals in your state for this one as it is a legal maneuver that amateurs or even professionals not familiar with the details of your situation on the internet probably aren't going to be able to help with much.

The transaction is pretty simple and legal. I’m just looking for a self-directed Ira that is cost effective for a single transaction. 

Yes it is simple and legal, but uncommon, and people don't want to get sued so they don't want to provide legal advice over the internet.  Just like with most other services calling multiple providers and getting quotes will be the simplest solution

I'm not looking for legal advice. The details of the transaction are not important. I'm just looking for a self-directed IRA that is cost effective for a single transaction. Getting initial recommendations on this forum is part of my research and gives me a starting point on which IRA providers to contact.