Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Landlording & Rental Properties
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Kam Nak
Votes |
Furnishing for Airbnb

Kam Nak
Posted

Hello, I recently bought a property with 2 levels. I have 6B in one unit and 2B in another basement unit. I am thinking of Airbnb'ing the property and wanted to see if anyone has any contacts for me for furnishing the place. Since the number of bedrooms and place is big it would be a ton of trips to for me to the stores/online purchases and I do not have time to spend on furnishing because of my work. So I wanted to see if there are any companies that would help me in furnishing the unit for Airbnb. I tried Cort rental and it seems insanely expensive. 

Would appreciate any help from the community

User Stats

Votes
John Underwood
Pro Member
#5 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Greer, SC
Votes |
Pro Member
#5 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Greer, SC
Replied

So for your STR.

You could try FB marketplace.

Also Wayfair, Ikea, etc and have stuff shipped to you.

User Stats

Votes
Bjorn Ahlblad
Pro Member
#5 Multi-Family and Apartment Investing Contributor
  • Investor
  • Shelton, WA
Votes |
Pro Member
#5 Multi-Family and Apartment Investing Contributor
  • Investor
  • Shelton, WA
Replied

I have done well on Amazon and Wayfair

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Karen Bickford
  • Investor
  • Bolton, MA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Bolton, MA
Replied

@Kam Nak I use Wayfair. There is a lot of furniture assembly required unless you opt to buy assembled. More expensive and less options.

The caveat with Wayfair is you need to order early because things can take a long time to get delivered.

I filter for “in stock” however a 10 week lead time can be considered in stock which is non sensical to me.

Best of luck in your project !

User Stats

Votes
Mary Smith
  • Rental Property Investor
Votes |
Replied

Furnishing companies usually tend to be pretty expensive, I would honest recommend doing it by yourself. Try to find places that would have your furniture shipped to you, eliminating any back and forth trips.

User Stats

Votes
Steven Foster Wilson
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Columbus, OH
Replied
Quote from @Kam Nak:

Hello, I recently bought a property with 2 levels. I have 6B in one unit and 2B in another basement unit. I am thinking of Airbnb'ing the property and wanted to see if anyone has any contacts for me for furnishing the place. Since the number of bedrooms and place is big it would be a ton of trips to for me to the stores/online purchases and I do not have time to spend on furnishing because of my work. So I wanted to see if there are any companies that would help me in furnishing the unit for Airbnb. I tried Cort rental and it seems insanely expensive. 

I would check out Facebook. I have found  a lot of different furnishings companies or just staging companies on there. 

User Stats

Votes
Scott E.
  • Developer
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Replied

I'm not sure than anybody responding to this thread actually read your post, as you make it pretty clear that you don't have the time to furnish the unit yourself.

I found myself in a similar position with one of my Airbnb units back in 2017. I found a handyman on Facebook marketplace who had never done anything like this before but he was more than willing to take the job.

I bought a bunch of furniture and stuff from amazon, Wal Mart, Mayfair, ikea, etc and had it shipped directly to the house. He went to the house, got in via lockbox, unboxed all of the stuff for me, put the furniture together, and moved it around into whatever room I wanted it. And then he disposed of all of the packaging too.

He asked to be paid his hourly rate for the services. I think I ended up paying him $700-$800 for a few days work which was WELL worth it.

User Stats

Votes
Replied
Quote from @Kam Nak:

What I recently did was order most everything from amazon, shipped to my house or the STR. My dad stayed at the house for a week and assembled, organized and finished all the final details of the house. I also paid him for his time. I went over a few times, hung out and made sure he didn't need anything else.

But like someone else said, check facebook, thumbtack, friends or family members who might be able to help and hire them!?

Good luck and have fun!

User Stats

Votes
Kam Nak
Votes |
Replied

These are really helpful. Thank you so much guys!