Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties
Account Closed
  • Wholesaler
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
How to Find a Tenant-Buyer with Bad Credit but that will Be Able to Purchase Later?

Account Closed
  • Wholesaler
  • Milwaukee, WI
Posted Jul 5 2014, 14:03

Hello everybody,

I was wondering if anybody had any thorough answers to this topic. I have decided that in the near future I would like to start doing lease options. I already have a home that I was planning to wholesale that I think would be the perfect property to do a sandwich lease option with.

So I understand that at the end of the lease period with my tenant-buyer that the goal is for them to purchase the house. But I've also read that unless the tenant-buyer has bad credit they're probably not going to want to lease option a home.

So my question is how do you find a tenant that has bad credit but that you know by the time the lease is up (12 - 18 months later) that they will have good enough credit to purchase the home?

Anyone who knows or who does this regularly that has an answer please let me know step-by-step how to do this, I haven't found a thorough enough answer to this question anywhere online or in the books that I have read. So it would be nice if this post could be the place people find the answer to this question in the future!

Thanks in advance! :)

Loading replies...