• Real Estate Agent
  • Portland, OR
Votes |
Would you rent to a past fellon?

Justin Green
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Portland, OR
Posted Sep 1 2014, 21:54

I am weeding through possible tenants for my first rental. Out of the people we have met my wife and I both like an older couple with a small dog that have had a checkered past and were completely up front and honest about it. He has a DUI and Possession charge that came from the same traffic stop. He is not the kind of guy you would picture with a drug problem. It has been over 5 years and he has been on probation with nothing but good references and works as a construction project manager so problems with the house will be only major issues all small items he can handle. They have good rental history and communicate well with us. I have gone to their apartment and spent an hour talking and meeting the dog. They have paid $1400 a month at the apt for the last year, my rent is $1450. They cant make all the security deposit up front it will need 3 installments over the first 3 months.

So far everything checks out well and we have a good feelings about them being honest hard working couple.

Would you rent to them? Advise?

Loading replies...