HVAC Contract Central NJ?

4 Replies

This question if for anyone with properties in the central NJ/Trenton area. Do you have an HVAC contract? Do you use PSE&G Worry Free, or an independent company?

Do you find that they are worth the money? If so, any companies that you can suggest in that area?

@Scott Weaner  

I don't know if PSE&G offers their worry free service down there however I can tell you that I'm a fan of utilizing it for my rentals.  It gives my tenants 24hr a day service in case the heat goes off.  They don't need to wake me up or text me at an uncomfortable hour.  They have a hotline that gets them direct service without me playing middle man.  The amount per month is minuscule in comparison overall with the service it provides in my opinion. 

Medium exp realty smallDarren Sager, EXP Realty | [email protected] | 862‑208‑2287 | http://www.exprealty.com/ | Podcast Guest on Show #48

Thanks Darren. I was thinking about using Worry Free. Do you know if landlords can buy it even if the utilities are in the tenants name?

@Scott Weaner  Yes, landlords can buy it for their rentals within their PSEG landlord account.  I would say it's definitely worth having for an older furnace/boiler. 

I have PSE&G Worry Free for one of my properties with an old boiler, and it's $10.19 a month. I think I've had tenants call them maybe 3 times in 8 years. But as @Darren Sager said, it's worth it not to have the tenants calling me about the heat, since I'd have to call PSE&G anyway.

We installed a new furnace in our other Trenton property and used Precision Air in Trenton. Their maintenance contract is $100 a year and they will change the filters once or twice a year and give a discount on parts.