• Investor
  • Madison, AL
Votes |
Changing Tenant's Rental Payment Method

Cara Wells
  • Investor
  • Madison, AL
Posted Jul 21 2015, 12:31

HELP! I've run into a rental payment issue. My tenant was previously depositing her rent ($1800/month) into my Pentagon Federal Credit Union account. When she signed a new lease starting 1 June, I wrote the requirement to deposit the $ into my new bank account at USAA into the lease, as I was converting all my primary accounts from PFCU to USAA. I did not realize she was taking cash to the actual PFCU account until she was unable to deposit cash at USAA (since she's not a member).

I offered to discuss alternate forms of payment, including wire transfer, etc (I'm 600 miles away so I can't ask her to come by my home with cash). Her response today was "depositing the cash into a physical location is best for me - the PFCU account works great."

I'm not sure the best way to proceed LEGALLY since she does not seem to understand that the PFCU account is no longer an option. If I keep the PFCU account open I'm getting charged $15.95/month since it is no longer receiving direct deposit. How would you proceed?

Loading replies...