• Flipper
  • Cupertino, CA
Votes |
Reverse PITI calculator

Chet Mazur
  • Flipper
  • Cupertino, CA
Posted Nov 27 2015, 23:22

Has anyone come across a PITI calculator, that will tell you the purchase price, given a particular PITI.

Thanks.

User Stats

Votes
Harriet Baldwin
  • Financial Advisor
  • Elmira, NY
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Elmira, NY
Replied Nov 28 2015, 10:41

There are online mortgage calculators or you can build an excel spreadsheet.  You can also buy a physical mortgage calculator, or use a financial calculator.

In addition to monthly PITI you will need to know (or estimate) what portion is tax & insurance, to get to just P&I.

Then you'll need to know (or assume) a term (length of loan) and interest rate - that will get you from P&I to loan amount.  Don't forget to state term & rate in months, not years.

Then you'll need to know (or assume) the amount of down payment, to get you from loan amount to purchase price.

Don't forget to budget for closing costs and/or due diligence paid outside of closing - not to mention any rehab monies not funded by the loan.

User Stats

Votes
Chet Mazur
  • Flipper
  • Cupertino, CA
Votes |
  • Flipper
  • Cupertino, CA
Replied Dec 6 2015, 13:45
Originally posted by @Chet Mazur:

Has anyone come across a PITI calculator, that will tell you the purchase price, given a particular PITI.

Thanks.

Type on my part. Reverse PITI. The hard part is it a multivariable equation. unless you find 3 of the 4 vatiable.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes