Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Isiah Ferguson
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Noooooo tenant is 10 days late on rent. What to do ???

Isiah Ferguson
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Posted May 15 2017, 07:47

Basically I've posted a late notice on a tenant door. It pretty much stated May 15, 2017 which is today is her deadline and 19th is when the court precedings will begin. I text you this am and reminded her of the late payment and this is her response " Good morning, My available funds on my social security disability account have still not been released, they have identified who the individual was that fraudulently used my debit card and charges have been filed. Still I understand that doesn't solve my rent payment, I'm meeting with my pastor this morning I have explained my situation and I believe my church family is going to help me get my rent paid. Again I apologize for the inconvenience I have caused the company !! I'm really fighting as hard as I can mentally and physically not to be put out of my home !! I'm currently fighting incurable terminal kidney disease stage 3 daily plus diabeties and diabetic nerve damage in both legs , along with upper and lower bulging discs in my back. I'm not asking for pity just for a little understanding that I am really and truly a good tenant....I've just been put in an extenuating circumstance !! I will contact you and make immediate deposit as soon as I get my rent payment !! Sincerely Janice " 

Any suggestions ? She been a day late twice before. Never really no real issues. Overall a decent tenant but this is a business. What should I do ? 

Loading replies...