• Contractor
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
Pittsburgh Pennsylvania rental market

Alexander Hamilton
  • Contractor
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Posted Jul 20 2017, 02:22
I'm currently flipping a SFR in Pittsburgh (lawrenceville) and am looking to transition into rentals after I complete this project. I'm currently working for a construction company with plans to become a GC next year. Im looking for great value added opportunities in Pittsburgh. Not sure if I have more opportunity in the lower income markets or around the university's/hospitals. Any thoughts?

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Angotti
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Replied Jul 20 2017, 10:05

Hi @Alexander Hamilton

We could talk about this, but what are you hoping to make per door?

User Stats

Votes
Alexander Hamilton
  • Contractor
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Replied Jul 20 2017, 18:23

@Anthony Angotti I would like to make a minimum of $200 per door, but I would also like to be as profitable as possible. I know if I go to the hood and get higher returns I'll also get larger headaches. I'm also focused on finding an area that will remain a strong market if things slow down in Pittsburgh. Considering our declining population and lack of millennial migration to town I'm not sure of my best move. Half of me wants the 4-plex for 100k and add value, but the other half wants the security of university/hospital neighborhoods with less cash flow. Just trying to see things from different angles and other perspectives.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.