Property Manager Suggestions Kansas City

Property Manager Suggestions Kansas City

Flipper/Rehabber · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2016 · 174 posts · 251 votes

I have several single family rentals in the Kansas City area.  Looking for a new PM that prioritizes communication and diligent maintenance work.  My current PM struggles heavily in these areas and it's cost me far too much money over the last year.  Looking to hire a new company asap.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  

Thank you,

George

0Reply
83 views

Most Popular Reply

San Jose, CA · Member since 2017 · 75 posts · 42 votes
8y

@George Gammon and @Kevin Trumbull,  I use Scudo Realty. They've been really great managing my rentals in KC area. @Ray Orellano is the owner. He and his team are awesome to work with. I highly recommend them if you are looking for honest and organized PM team. 

See this reply in the discussion

32 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2017 · 96 posts · 82 votes
    8y
    George, I am not sure if you would consider this or not but I was a property manager here in Kansas City for two HUD apartment complexes. My idea is that since I have experience and a few rentals of my own with a team around me for maintenance I would be interested in managing your rentals for you. I am currently studying to get my real estate license in Kansas and Missouri. If this is something you would want to talk more about please send me a PM and we could talk more about this option. Just wanted to reach out and make the connection Talk to you soon, Jason
  • Mike D'ArrigoPro Member
    Turn key provider · San Jose, CA · Member since 2010 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y

    @George Gammon Who are you currently using? You can DM me

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2016 · 174 posts · 251 votes
    8y
    Mike D'Arrigo not sure how to DM via the app?? KC commercial/residential
  • Investor/RE Broker · Eugene, OR · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 968 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @George Gammon:

    Mike D'Arrigo not sure how to DM via the app?? KC commercial/residential

     George, I think Mike meant PM (private message) which is through the site.

  • System Administrator / Investor · Eugene, OR · Member since 2015 · 144 posts · 29 votes
    8y

    Following this thread because I am also looking to change Property Management companies in Kansas City, MO.  Feel free to PM me.

  • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2015 · 85 posts · 19 votes
    8y

    There are several and I mean several property management companies here in Kansas City. One item to keep in mind is you are required by the state of Missouri to have your Broker's license which you can only obtain AFTER having your real estate license for 2 years. Here are a few other items I would make sure to ask.

    1. All the fees they charge

    2. How many doors they manage

    3. How many employees are there

    4. How do they handle the maintenance calls - do they have maintenance workers on staff? do they use subcontractors? etc. 

    I've been investing since 2012 and had been using other companies until Jan 2017 when I decided to get my brokers license and manage myself. I wouldn't have it any other way now. If you have any questions feel free to reach out.

  • San Jose, CA · Member since 2017 · 75 posts · 42 votes
    8y

    @George Gammon and @Kevin Trumbull,  I use Scudo Realty. They've been really great managing my rentals in KC area. @Ray Orellano is the owner. He and his team are awesome to work with. I highly recommend them if you are looking for honest and organized PM team. 

  • Jim GenisPro Member
    Investor · Olathe, KS · Member since 2014 · 88 posts · 58 votes
    8y

    @George Gammon, just seeing this thread. Let me know if you are still looking for property manager referrals in KC. If so, PM me and I'll let you know whom I recommend.

    Jim

  • Specialist · Independence, MO · Member since 2016 · 66 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    I have worked with different PM companies in Kansas city. PM for who I recommend. Finding a great PM is hard to find. 

  • Investor · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2016 · 28 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    I'm bumping this thread as I'm on my third PM in 3 years.  I have 11 single family doors in Kansas City MO, mostly B neighborhoods, and am planning to break up my portfolio to a couple different PMs at this point.  

    I'd really appreciate recommendations of honest PMs, especially if you've experienced years of success working with them.  I have good PMs in several other states, no team is perfect they all have their strengths and weaknesses.  But I'm having trouble with the basics with KC PMs like communication, actually getting maintenance done, providing invoices for repairs, accounting headaches, etc.

    Happy to discuss more on this thread or through PM

  • Lee RipmaPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Prairie Village, KS · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y
    I own 6 rentals in KC and I self manage. Not a long term solution and I would also like to find a good PM (fired the one I had). Just talked with one who sounds decent although I’m not sure if I like the way they show vacant units and their hourly maintenance charge is through the roof. If anyone on this thread that has referrals please let me know. Also, don’t ever use PMI of KC, they are terrible!
  • Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    @George Gammon did you find a good and competitive PM in Kansas City to manage single family rentals? If yes can you please PM me the name and the fee structure?   

  • Little Neck, NY · Member since 2016 · 107 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    hello everyone, im in process switching PM. i ve 3 single family at KC area.im looking for reputable honest PM. any recommendation?

    • Member since 2019 · 24 posts · 4 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Jim Chung:

      hello everyone, im in process switching PM. i ve 3 single family at KC area.im looking for reputable honest PM. any recommendation?

       Hi @Jim Chung, I am living not far away little neck, nice meeting you here. Are you still owning rental properties in Kansas City, did you in the end find a good PM to manage your properties there?  I have a fourplex there, kinds of thinking whether I should change my current PM due to crazy turnover cost under their management.

    • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Warren Qi:
      Quote from @Jim Chung:

      hello everyone, im in process switching PM. i ve 3 single family at KC area.im looking for reputable honest PM. any recommendation?

       Hi @Jim Chung, I am living not far away little neck, nice meeting you here. Are you still owning rental properties in Kansas City, did you in the end find a good PM to manage your properties there?  I have a fourplex there, kinds of thinking whether I should change my current PM due to crazy turnover cost under their management.


       Happy to send you over some referrals for the KC area

    • Member since 2019 · 24 posts · 4 votes
      1y
      Thanks @Caleb Brown, pls send me the ones here (so others may also comment ) or DM me? 

      Quote from @Caleb Brown:
      Quote from @Warren Qi:
      Quote from @Jim Chung:

      hello everyone, im in process switching PM. i ve 3 single family at KC area.im looking for reputable honest PM. any recommendation?

       Hi @Jim Chung, I am living not far away little neck, nice meeting you here. Are you still owning rental properties in Kansas City, did you in the end find a good PM to manage your properties there?  I have a fourplex there, kinds of thinking whether I should change my current PM due to crazy turnover cost under their management.


       Happy to send you over some referrals for the KC area

  • Real Estate Investor · Spring Valley, CA · Member since 2016 · 288 posts · 98 votes
    8y

    What is the avg competitive rate out there?

  • Lee RipmaPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Prairie Village, KS · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y
    Under 25 units it’s usually 8% of gross, 50-100% of first months rent, and 46-70/hr for maintainance.
  • Mountain View, CA · Member since 2015 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    I am also looking for a new PM in Kansas City. Kindly please share any good recommendations based on your experiences so far.

  • Real Estate Broker · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2017 · 537 posts · 292 votes
    8y

    I've heard great things about Voepel PM and Bridge.  There are quite a few smaller companies that aren't as well known that are solid too.  Ask and call around...  You'll get plenty of feedback.  Who's best suited for you may just depend on your needs, what you're looking to do, and how you'd like things handled.  Location is key here as well.  ;)

  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Recently closed on a SFH in kansas city mo. Also interested in PM recommendations. Thanks in advance

  • Investor · Hove, United Kingdom · Member since 2017 · 42 posts · 34 votes
    7y

    We've got one house with Voepel who work with Bridge Turnkey.  We've been happy with them so far.

    https://www.voepelproperties.com/property-management/

  • Rental Property Investor · Overland Park, KS · Member since 2017 · 22 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    I recently was asked for PM recommendations from a small multifamily investor at a networking event. I went to one of the executives at my office and these were his three in KC:

    1.) North Terrace

    2.) Collin Douthit

    3.) Celtic (he said they will manage about anything)

  • Specialist · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2018 · 331 posts · 148 votes
    7y

    @Colin Douthit can help!

  • Property Manager · Kansas City · Member since 2019 · 50 posts · 29 votes
    7y

    @Adriel Watts I would be glad to help you out with your properties here in KC.  I'll send you a DM so we can chat.

  • Austin · Member since 2015 · 149 posts · 80 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Bryce Carroll:

    I'm bumping this thread as I'm on my third PM in 3 years.  I have 11 single family doors in Kansas City MO, mostly B neighborhoods, and am planning to break up my portfolio to a couple different PMs at this point.  

    I'd really appreciate recommendations of honest PMs, especially if you've experienced years of success working with them.  I have good PMs in several other states, no team is perfect they all have their strengths and weaknesses.  But I'm having trouble with the basics with KC PMs like communication, actually getting maintenance done, providing invoices for repairs, accounting headaches, etc.

    Happy to discuss more on this thread or through PM

    Hey Bryce curious to know who you ended up going with? Here or PM works too!

  • Austin · Member since 2015 · 149 posts · 80 votes
    6y

    Almost every PM company I've seen recommended I pretty quickly found negative feedback on BP or on google reviews.

    I just found Renters Warehouse who has very high ratings on google (4.3 stars with 185 ratings) and takes the time to respond in detail to all negative reviews, which I think is important.

    Anyone have experience with them?

  • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2018 · 37 posts · 18 votes
    6y

    @Kalen Jordan

    Bumping Kalen's post. Has anyone had good or bad firsthand experience with Renter's Warehouse?

    Kalen, have you made any progress with PMs in the meantime?

    Thanks!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.