Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Landlording & Rental Properties
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Ben Freiman
  • Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Carbon Monoxide Story

Ben Freiman
  • Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Posted Dec 13 2017, 18:31
Hello BP thought I would share a scary landlord story with everyone and how I reacted. This just goes to show it’s an up and down business, just like any other W2 job, good days and bad days. I was literally on my way to close on another rental property when I get a call from one of my tenants. “Ben, our Carbon Monoxide detector(which I newly installed before they moved in) went off, fire department is here to secure the premises, and it’s the furnace.” My thoughts were, holy crap what am I gonna do now. I went to close on the new prop and called the gas company to have them make sure there’s no gas leak. Then after close started calling multiple heating companies (Mind you it’s 6pm and 20 degrees outside so lots of furnaces are going down) and personally went to the property to make sure everyone was ok. The heating company could not come out until the next day so the tenants, unfortunately for safety reasons, had to stay somewhere else. Next morning 730am my *** is on the phone with 4 heating companies to get the person who could come out right away and fix the problem. By noon that day the furnace was fixed and tenants were happy. I wanted to share this because of the severity of the safely issue with CO leaking in the house and my personal response for my tenants to make sure they are safe and show how much I care. (I also work a W2 job and had to leave that for about 3 hours while the furnace was being repaired.) If I can make it through this then all of us here at BP can make it through anything.

Loading replies...