Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Anna M.
  • Investor
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
How Do I get the Fish to bite my Hook Already? - WINTER RENTING!

Anna M.
  • Investor
  • Denver, CO
Posted Dec 28 2017, 07:45

How Do I get the big and Right Fish to bite my Hook Already?- RENTING DURING THE WINTER!

I close next week on a new property.I seem to have made a career out of house hacking.I like it as it helps me live the fugal life and gets me thatmuch closer to financial freedom.My plan is to move into the new multi-family and rent out the unit that I am currently living in.

I am having so much trouble getting anything to bite! I had some interest initially but only 1 show to date and she had an eviction history, no thanks.Winter clearly is the worst time to rent as there is little to pick from, but I really have not much say in the matter.I never really understood why landlords make leases that start and end during the winter.Am trying to clear up that mess right now by doing initial 5 or 16 month.

While I would prefer to have a tenant to take on the unit I am moving out of so as to eliminate vacancies, I do not want to rush and get in the wrong person. I do have some savings that will help for now and I have been fortunate to positive cash flow on the current property, so I think I will be fine, at least for a month or 2, but certainly no more than 2 months.

The existing home is in Lakewood and literally 10 minutes from downtown Denver, so great location and also overall great property.I do not know if I am allowed to post my ad link here, but I have attached some screen shots and hopefully that is okay.I really would like to hear our opinions on my ad.I have since changed it up with fresh pics and more pics and I renew it every day but still nothing, …...uuughhhh.What am I doing wrong?What can I do better?Help please L.Thanks!

Loading replies...