Property Management Company in Cleveland OH

11 Replies

Hi All,

I am in the process of buying my first property in Eastlake OH.

I am an out of state investor and looking for a property management company in the Cleveland area that works in Eastlake.

Will be happy to hear from you about recommendations. Also, does anyone heard about "Remax Haven Realty" or "Cleveland Property Management"? Will be happy to hear anything about them.

Thanks a lot!!

Daniel

Congrats! I have heard nothing but good things about David Terbeek with Remax Haven Realty or Laird with Cleveland property management. If you are not happy with those two (I do not see why you wouldnt be) you can connect with anna from IIP Management.

All the best

This post has been removed.

TRy searching your area on NARPM.org for professional PM's

@Daniel Nigri I’m happy with my cleveland PM. You can message me and I’ll give
You their info if you want

Thank you everyone for your help!

@Vince Lucas , hope you are doing great, I will check about those PMs.  Thanks!

You can start by going to www.narpm.org and search their directory of managers. These are professionals with additional training and a stricter code of ethics. It's no guarantee but it's a good place to start.

1. Ask how many units they manage and how much experience they have. If it's a larger organization, feel free to inquire about their different staff qualifications.

2. Review their management agreement. Make sure it explicitly explains the process for termination if you are unhappy with their services, but especially if they violate the terms of your agreement.

3. Understand the fees involved and calculate the total cost for an entire year of management so you can compare the different managers. It may sound nice to pay a 5% management fee but the extra fees can add up to be more than the other company that charges 10% with no add-on fees. Fees should be clearly stated, easy to understand, and justifiable. If you ask the manager to justify a fee and he starts hemming and hawing, move on or require them to remove the fee. Don't be afraid to negotiate!

4. Review their lease agreement and addendums. Think of all the things that could go wrong and see if the lease addresses them: unauthorized pets or tenants, early termination, security deposit, lease violations, late rent, eviction, lawn maintenance, parking, etc.

5. Don't just read the lease! Ask the manager to explain their process for dealing with maintenance or problem tenants. If they are professional, they can explain this quickly and easily. If they are VERY professional, they will have their processes in writing as verification that it is enforced equally and fairly by their entire staff.

6. Ask to speak with some of their current owners and current/former tenants. You can also check their reviews online at Google, Facebook, or Yelp. Just remember: most negative reviews are written by problematic tenants. The fact they are complaining online might be an indication the property manager dealt with them properly so be sure to ask the manager for their side of the story.

I hope this basic guide helps. If you have specific questions about property management, I'll be happy to help!

@Nathan G. i'm currently in contract on a property in cleveland and looking into property management firms so that i can visit them when i fly out for inspections. As a newer investor i can appreciate your guideline as will be super helpful during the interviewing process. Do you have any personal recommendations for property management firms?

Originally posted by @Charlene Isoh :

@Nathan G. i'm currently in contract on a property in cleveland and looking into property management firms so that i can visit them when i fly out for inspections. As a newer investor i can appreciate your guideline as will be super helpful during the interviewing process. Do you have any personal recommendations for property management firms?

Sorry but there are a ton out there and I've never worked with any of them personally.

@Charlene Isoh I've compiled a helpful list of Property Management companies in Cleveland that you may want to reference. Check out the article here: Big List of Cleveland Property Management Companies

I only have direct experience with a handful of them. But if you let me know the ones you're looking into, message me and I'll be happy to share any experience or background info I may have.

I'm happy with my PM in Cleveland, very happy.  DM me for the contact info.

Hi @Charlene Isoh , Cleveland is a dynamic market as you're aware.  Property management firms in Cleveland typically have their criteria for asset types and locations.

What parts of Cleveland is this property located?

What type of asset is it: SFR or MF?

Addressing those two questions can eliminate management firms and help save you time with recommendations for PM's who will manage based on your responses.

Also, anything specialize that you are looking for?  Coordinating renovations, Section 8, etc. will help shortlist your possible PM's.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here