Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Justin Wroblewski
  • Blackwood, NJ
Votes |
What is the best way to collect rent online?

Justin Wroblewski
  • Blackwood, NJ
Posted Aug 18 2018, 10:14
I need a legitimate and convenient way to collect rent online. I want something geared towards real estate or business rather than something like Venmo. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 23 2018, 07:42
@Justin Wroblewski I only have one unit so far, but my tenants are OK with going to the local bank and Depositing the rent. I have also used Zelle.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 23 2018, 18:44
Originally posted by @Sandhya Gorman:
@Jeremy Marshall i use Venmo - no cost for anyone and easy to transfer to bank account (owned by PayPal).

Venmo is getting rid of their website and going only phone app based.  It sounds like they will be phasing themselves out even more soon.  I've so far used Venmo, Square Cash, Paypal, and Zelle and haven't yet found one that I love for collecting rent.  Thinking of trying Cozy or Appfolio.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 4 2019, 10:47

@Justin Wroblewski

I've been using Tellus (tellusapp.com). It's a real estate platform and has more advanced features than peer-to-peer payment systems. For example, Tellus can automatically enforce late fees and track your rental income. It's also easy to add expenses and see your overall cash flow.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 4 2019, 11:02
Originally posted by @Tami R.:
I should have started using Cozy years ago... just started last month when I purchased 86 new doors. I agree down side the 5 days but sometimes it would take me 5 days to do a deposit and go to bank.

86 doors!! Wow! That's great! How's it going?