Votes
Deangelo Mack
  • Independence, MO
Votes |
Should I go with 2 properties for my first deal or 1

Deangelo Mack
  • Independence, MO
Posted Nov 20 2018, 13:56

Ok so I have 2 owners who are wanting to sell their properties to me. One via Land Contract ( dont have the details on the deal as of yet) and the other on a Sandwhich lease option.  Since this is going to be my first deal. Should I do both or should i just do one. Thanks guys and gals.

User Stats

Votes
Al Williamson
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Sacramento, CA
Replied Nov 20 2018, 14:15

Wow, those are two very different take downs.

I've got sooo many questions about them, but to answer you question, I vote for doing only one at a time.

You've got to work the bugs out of a deal after you get it. I strongly recommend that you give yourself some time to try to optimize the investment after you buy it.

You need to take a moment to try to cut expenses and increase income. This takes mental energy and you may skip over the optimization process if you have too many balls in the air.

One at at time.

Best to you

User Stats

Votes
Marina Draper
  • Accountant
  • Newton, MA
Votes |
  • Accountant
  • Newton, MA
Replied Nov 20 2018, 15:05

Do the numbers make sense though? I understand the sellers want to sell, but are these properties good investments?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
James Wise#5 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH
Replied Nov 24 2018, 15:12
Originally posted by @Deangelo Mack:

Ok so I have 2 owners who are wanting to sell their properties to me. One via Land Contract ( dont have the details on the deal as of yet) and the other on a Sandwhich lease option.  Since this is going to be my first deal. Should I do both or should i just do one. Thanks guys and gals.

What in the wild west is a sandwich lease option? FYI lease options are often seen as predatory & sometimes illegal.