Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Landlording & Rental Properties
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback
Account Closed
Votes |
Parents/landlord trying to kick out me and my boyfriend.

Account Closed
Posted Jun 1 2019, 07:37

My boyfriend is 23 and has been on his mothers leases since he turned 18. I moved in with him six months ago with him and his mother and siblings and her mothers ‘fiancee’. After I moved in I immediately set out to clean up the apartment they had all been living in at the time because it was filthy and I figured I was doing them all a favor and providing in a way that I could since I did not have a job. After awhile, it was very hard to keep up with all the chores, especially when Dougs siblings made it worse by not even bothering to clean up after themselves. I suspect the behavior has been that way since they were children and were never taught any different. Me and my boyfriend asked for help from the siblings (my boyfriend was already helping me, and was also juggling school, we both got jobs and still had to do all the cleaning) and me and him were immediately met with backlash. At first it started with simple irritation on the siblings and mother siblings part, but it’s only escalated from there. We live in a new house that my boyfriends mother rents (my boyfriends on the lease) and new problems have arose. Not only is the house constantly filthy, the trash builds up and rarely is the house ever given a good cleaning besides dishes being washed, we aren’t treated with respect. I’m pregnant and the stress is really getting to me. Me and my boyfriend want to move out asap but we’re  both still looking for jobs. we’ve had jobs in the meantime but after some difficulties, like me leaving during my first term, we’ve had to find new jobs. My bf’s mother also smokes around me (I’m pregnant, and this could hurt my child) and does not care. She smokes in the house and around the house even tho a tho she signed a non smoking lease. She also lied about her two pets being service dogs when she moved in (I paid for my small weiner dog). The reason I'm here is because the other day they started an argument with us, my boyfriend asked them to stop doing drinking our milk (we buy all our own groceries) and it immediately started a big argument that ended with them yelling and throwing a dollar and change at our door, and now they want to kick us out. My mother informed me we have tenant rights. My questio is what can they do? And if they do try and kick us out, can i tell THEIR lord about all their lease violations (smoking on property when they signed a non smoking lease. Lied about their dogs being service dogs. House is not kept up to any sanitary standard. House is regularly filthy meaning trash buildup and bathroom utilities being disgusting.) and have them evicted? (I didn’t want a fight, I  just wanted to save up enough money to provide for my unborn child)

Loading replies...