Where to conduct a tenant lease signing?

5 Replies

I am ready to sign a lease with my tenant, but i am unsure where to have them sign. I do not have a formal office and believe it would be inappropriate to do it in my house.   Is there a place we can meet, like starbucks, or what is a place you would recommend we go to sign a lease?

Do it at the rental. That enables them to ask questions about the rental with you present. It's also a great way to document the move-in condition together so there are no complaints/disputes later about cleanliness or other issues.

@Shane Welch the previous posts are solid, signing at the property is the best option.  Do yourself a tremendous favor and do not, under any circumstances, give a tenant your home address.  Do not give them your personal cell number either.

Spend the few dollars a month for a PO Box, or a UPS store if you prefer, and provide that to your tenants as the mailing address.  Get a virtual number for your cell, can get one from Google for free.  

Congrats on the new tenant and good luck!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here