Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes

Tenant's Fiancé NOC Visa Form

Andrew Sacchetti
Posted Nov 19 2019, 18:36

Hey everyone,

My name is Andrew Sacchetti and I live in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. I'm very new to this and just picked up my first multi family property at the beginning of November.  Life has been very busy getting everything in order and this has been quite the learning experience so far! 

The basement apartment is currently rented by the initial "Lease Signer" ( I'll call her Kelly )  and her roommate (I'll call her Anne), which she took on about 4 months ago. I recently received notice that Kelly plans to move out at the end of next month and that Anne will be taking over the rental. Kelly is planning to be the sponsor for her Fiancé to apply for a Visa to move here from another country to help her with the move and says he will only be staying with her for a few days. She is asking me to sign an NOC letter ( No Objection Certificate ) as her Landlord as part of the Visa application process to prove that they have a place to live together, although they will be moving out basically immediately after he arrives.

I'm very unfamiliar with the whole Visa application process or how signing this letter could affect me knowing that they don't plan to stay. I'd be happy to help Kelly with this as long as this won't cause me any liability or negative consequences. Please provide me with any advice or information, and I appreciate all the help I can get. Thank you!

Loading replies...