Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes

Newbie 60-day Notice to Inherited Tenants

Alex Kofi Appiah
Posted Aug 1 2021, 14:51

Hi Everyone

I recently bought my first duplex in Cleveland Heights, Ohio (House Hacking). During the inspection/property run through, I noticed one of the units stinks very bad and the place was not being kept clean at all. In addition, because I assumed the point of sale violation, there are some few items that needed to fixed in that unit (Stinky Unit). I must say that over the past three months the tenant has always paid the rent on time (The rent is $200 below the market rate). After thinking through the situation, I have drafted a letter I intend to give to the tenant. Please let me know what you think about the letter or share your experience dealing with similar situation. 

This letter is to inform you that we will not be renewing your lease. Your current lease ends on XXXXXXXXXX. You must vacate the apartment and return your keys no later than this date.

We will be in touch with you as the date approaches to schedule a final walk-through once majority of your items have been removed. You will be held financially responsible for any damage above typical wear and tear, as written in your lease agreement.

Should you have any questions, please contact us via either of the following methods:

Thanks 

Loading replies...