Real Estate Events & Meetups

User Stats

Votes
Suzanne Player
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • New York City / Long Island, NY
Votes |
What is the #1 Barrier to Buying Your First/Next Property?

Suzanne Player
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
Posted Jan 3 2023, 07:25

6 Replies

• 01/14/23 09:30AM - 11:00AM America/New_York
  • 600 Plandome Road Manhasset, New York 11030
  • Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

"I've always believed that training with great players makes you a better player."

- Javier Mascherano, Argentine professional football/soccer coach

“The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” - Chinese philosopher Lao Tzu

January is a month when a lot of people - especially investors - are setting goals and planning their year. Many are looking to buy again in 2023.

What is the #1 Barrier to Buying Your First/Next Property? What are the next practical steps?

Need for (More) Cash?

Not sure if You Have Enough Knowledge/Experience in Investing?

Not sure if you should invest within driving distance or go out of the area?

Worried about the safety of Out of State Investing?

Not sure where the economy is going & whether to move or wait?

Networking – you don’t know enough people who can help you

Properties – you know what you’re looking for, but can’t find it

Property type – you haven’t decided whether to buy residential (single family, 1-4 unit multi-family) or commercial (apartments, mobile home park, mixed use, or commercial buildings)

Strategy – you don’t know whether to be a landlord, a flipper, or a wholesaler

Bring your investing questions, none are too basic, we've probably heard the question before.

For any of our meetings, further topics may be added, as always, anyone who has an idea or something to share is welcome to bring it up & talk about it with us.

You can join Real Estate Rocks & get notified automatically by joining us at: https://www.meetup.com/real-estate-rocks-investing-group/

Remember...
Even if you are not ready to invest just yet, you can start the process of educating yourself about real estate.
You don't get anywhere by just clicking the Join button on Meetup.
You make progress toward your goals by actually attending events, learning new information, & meeting new people.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not an advertising platform, a sales funnel, or a marketing ploy. We don't want to waste your time with useless drivel because we hate to waste ours. And, we will not put you on any marketing lists & start spamming your inbox - no matter how much you beg us to.
Twitter: @RealEstateRoxNY
SuzannePlayer_broker
https://www.instagram.com/suzanneplayer_broker/
Facebook Networking Group: By Invitation

User Stats

Votes
Will Fraser
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Salt Lake City & Oklahoma City
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Salt Lake City & Oklahoma City
Replied Jan 3 2023, 07:32

For me it's making sense of the numbers.  This would be far from the first property for me, but somehow I'm still coming up blank when running numbers at the current asking prices paired with the current cost of debt.

I suppose the good news is that offers are (relatively) free and the stability of real estate as an asset makes it a great place to park cash, so it's really a lead-flow issue.

How about you @Suzanne Player?

User Stats

Votes
Suzanne Player
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Jan 3 2023, 07:39

Looking for the right property can feel like looking for a needle in a haystack.  But I suppose if it were too easy, everyone would do it.  If we keep going, sooner or later the property we are looking for will come up in our search.  I'm wondering what type of property will be the best investment in the coming years & what are the markets that will have the best appreciation (that are possibly undervalued now).

What's the Salt Lake City Market like?  

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Dennis Nguyen
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Seattle, WA
Replied Jan 3 2023, 11:22

My biggest barrier for my next property is Cash to purchase and Finding a property discounted enough where the numbers make sense.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 4 2023, 17:26

i just started getting into real estate, biggest barrier for me is fully understanding my niche (small multi-family) and saving enough money to put for a down payment i also want to house hack any advice is greatly appreciated  

User Stats

Votes
James Leach
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Phoenix Area
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Phoenix Area
Replied Jan 13 2023, 15:49

I'd say capital right now. 

I have 3 SFH investment properties that I self manage and am in the process of buying another home to live in for a year before renting it out. I've tapped into the immense equity that my investments have made in the last 2 years to; pay down bad debt, buy some "luxuries" (paid for a vacation to Florida to see our son graduate Navy C-school, etc.) reinvest for diversification purposes and put $ down on our new house. Now it's time for some creative means of acquiring capitol. This is one challenge of real estate investing and for now, I'll keep educating myself and analyzing deals!

User Stats

Votes
Suzanne Player
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Feb 23 2023, 11:00

If you missed this event, you can find the next one, and others scheduled, on Bigger Pockets in the Long Island Events & Meetups section in the Classifieds left sub menu in Forums

Our next meetup is posted at:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

To get notified automatically when an event is scheduled, you can join our group as well

https://www.meetup.com/real-es...

If you live and/or invest in the Long Island/ New York City area, please let me know & send me a Bigger Pockets connection request