East Bay (San Francisco) Meetup

39 Replies

• 12/08/18 12:00PM - 02:00PM America/Los_Angeles
  • 4825 Hopyard Road Pleasanton, California 94588
  • Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

@Jana Cain - Same thing happened to me, I didn't suggest my meetup but I posted it on BP I have been carrying the torch since! You definitely need to call and ask if they have space for 40 people for a casual networking event to ensure that there isn't any other parties or events going on there. I don't see a Warriors game during that time and the Sharks game is at 5pm so it shouldn't be crowded for that but it could be for something else. Let me know if you need additional help!

Bummer I am working till 4:30 this day, it looks like a nice turn out and fun. 

Hey folks! I just called Pick Six and let them know we're coming. They're going to make sure a serve is available for the group. I let them know the group will be roughly 30-40 people from 12p-3p (so those lingering conversations can continue).

I have a morning appointment and therefore won't get there until after it starts (probably closer to 1p), but I told her the group is "East Bay Real Estate Investors", so whoever arrives first can give that info and you should be fine.

@Kyle Marek @Johnson H. - making sure you both see this. :-)

@Jana Cain   Thanks for setting everything up! I know of a couple locations in Pleasanton that rent for 120/hour if we want a more private venue next time.

@Jana Cain - Thanks for calling them. If @Kyle Marek doesn't want to play host I can substitute in and have to show up now :) I can post this on my meetup group if you don't mind. Let me know!

@Johnson H.

Jana and I were talking last night and decided the meetup will probably be more of a casual networking/chatting type, rather than the weeknight meetups that include formal presentations and such. We have a room reserved for anyone that wants to stop by just ask for the REI group! I think we have a server too for drinks/food. I don't think we'll have any sort of speaker or host, more just encouraging people to jump right in and start talking!

@Johnson H. You're welcome to cross-post to your meetup group if you'd like, as I'm inclined to say the more the merrier. Thanks for the offer! I did tell Pick Six that the expectation was 30-40 people based on the BP rsvp's but I have no idea what capacity is like in there. Totally your call :-) I believe @Kyle Marek will be there at the start to play host.

@Melissa Young-Hooks Yes, this meetup is still happening!

@Medi Sarwary Thanks for the suggestion! I have no idea what will be next up, but I'm sure someone will be open to taking you up on the offer for private space depending on how this goes.

@Kyle Marek - No problem, I am just trying to help as Jana would be late but will back off and let you and @Jana Cain lead the way. I follow the same format at my meetups with no speakers or pitches, just very casual conversation. What I mean by host is when you see folks looking around not knowing where to go, I would be the person waiving folks down and bringing them over to the meetup area, initiating conversation and making sure folks feel comfortable talking to a bunch of strangers. It is kind of tiring to play host sometimes as you get interrupted a lot so I am happy to just be a participant! 

@Jana Cain can't make it this Saturday, but please add me to the list. Would love to attend in the future. 

@Johnson H. You're welcome to cross-post to your meetup group if you'd like, as I'm inclined to say the more the merrier. Thanks for the offer! I did tell Pick Six that the expectation was 30-40 people based on the BP rsvp's but I have no idea what capacity is like in there. Totally your call :-) I believe @Kyle Marek will be there at the start to play host.

@Melissa Young-Hooks Yes, this meetup is still happening!

@Medi Sarwary Thanks for the suggestion! I have no idea what will be next up, but I'm sure someone will be open to taking you up on the offer for private space depending on how this goes.

@Johnson H.

Please by all means play host! I can do my best to make sure everyone knows where to find the group, but will need as much help as people are willing to give.

I can't make it this time but would like to be added to the list if you organize another. Thanks!

Big thank you to everyone who came out yesterday! I rolled in super late (shortly before 2p) and plenty of folks were still there, which was great. It finally wound down when the last of us called it a day at 3:45p. :-)  It looked like a good time was had by all.

We'll have to plan more in the new year!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here