Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Marc S.
  • New to Real Estate
  • New York
Votes |
Deal offered to me for STR

Marc S.
  • New to Real Estate
  • New York
Posted May 15 2022, 19:10

Hello fellow investors,   
I would love some feedback on this deal that I have been looking at, it would be my first entry into a STR. I love the location and the fact that it draws a big draw during the Packers season. I haven't done comps yet and am trying to get a friend of mine to use his Airdna to run it and see if it is doing well. Any feedback, advice, and suggestions are welcomed! Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Woodruff
Pro Member
#1 Contractors Contributor
  • Contractor/Investor/Consultant
  • West Valley Phoenix
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 Contractors Contributor
  • Contractor/Investor/Consultant
  • West Valley Phoenix
Replied May 15 2022, 19:15

So you're talking a little over $2k a month before taxes (income)? Seems a little slim to me.....

To see what your competitors are really getting, go look on VRBO and AIR sites yourself and do the numbers. AIRdNa numbers are just an educated algorithmic guess.

User Stats

Votes
John Underwood
Pro Member
#1 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Investor
  • Greer, SC
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Investor
  • Greer, SC
Replied May 15 2022, 19:16

3% vacancy seems really low.

What about internet, landscaping, snow removal, advertising costs, furniture, sheets, decorations, Matresses, business license, etc etc.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Luke Carl
Pro Member
#3 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tennessee Florida
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Tennessee Florida
Replied May 16 2022, 03:18

I’m ok with grossing 50k on 387k Assuming these Numbers are real. I can’t imagine Wisconsin occupancy being much higher than 25% but that’s coming from a guy that wears flip flops on February in sunny Florida 

User Stats

Votes
Michael Porche
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Boise, ID
Votes |
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Boise, ID
Replied May 16 2022, 13:11

Hey Marc, I got some airdna access to that area. Need help? In regards to that pro-forma, it looks like it's in the negative. What is your goal with that property besides just STR?

User Stats

Votes
Luke J Nelsen
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied May 17 2022, 04:50

I live in WI and homes close to Lambeau can rent well during home games but keep in mind there’s only 8 guaranteed home games per year. What other factors are going to be driving demand? 

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy H.
  • Lafayette, LA
Votes |
  • Lafayette, LA
Replied May 18 2022, 21:46

I don't like much about the math to be honest 

- What are you expecting for your occupancy rate and daily rate? Just trying to figure how you get to the 4200/mo. I feel this is a pretty big overestimate 
- Utilities - electricity, water, sewer, internet, lawn care etc - I think $901/year is a low estimate. Is this a house or a condo with an HOA?
- Vacancy and maintenance estimates may be off if your monthly rent is off...I don't like how you estimate vacancy - I personally think it's better to use an occupancy rate and the rate you charge per night
- What does the property management include? Better include cleaning/linens etc at 20%... 

Booking fees? Supplies - trash bags, paper towels, toilet paper or covered by PM?

What's the attraction to come to this location other than football games a few weekends out of the year?

Not the first spot I would pick...but hey there are STRs in my neighborhood in the suburbs that may do quite well lol. I don't know

User Stats

Votes
William Beck
  • Realtor
  • Branson, MO
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Branson, MO
Replied May 20 2022, 07:54

Agree with  @Luke J Nelsen I don't think there's a ton of STR traffic to Green Bay. Maybe Door County, but that place has a ton of regulations. It's good you checked but there's going to be a lot of vacancy. I just checked Vrbo and there were 25 properties listed when I ran a search for Green Bay, with an open calendar. So that's pretty slim which makes you wonder, why aren't more people doing this?

User Stats

Votes
Josh Green
Property Manager
Agent
  • Realtor
  • Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater, FL
Votes |
Property Manager
Agent
  • Realtor
  • Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater, FL
Replied May 20 2022, 09:10

Make a data driven decision!  I would use Airdna and also reach out to the top few PM companies in the area for STRs and get their input as well.  If the numbers work, send it! 

User Stats

Votes
Dustin Broeren
  • Appleton, WI
Votes |
  • Appleton, WI
Replied May 20 2022, 09:14

As others mentioned, Lambeau and the Bay will be your two main drawing points. However, Lambeau does attract tourists year around, holds a lot of tradeshows, weddings, events. Also the Resch Center next door just greatly expanded for concerts, trade shows and other events. KI convention center located more downtown. The hotel options are generally lack availability during events and hotel options are somewhat slim pending the area. Really think it depends more on the individual location you are in and the options nearby.  

I'm an investor in the GB market, let me know if I can help with anything.