• Property Manager
  • Pompano Beach, FL
Votes |
Short Term Rental Permit Question

Hannah Rubin
  • Property Manager
  • Pompano Beach, FL
Posted Dec 3 2022, 11:38

Hello, I am working with a property owner in Chattanooga, TN to get her set up to start doing short term rentals from her property. She works remote and travels most of the year but her home address is set to this property in Chattanooga. I am leaning towards having her apply for the Owner Occupied Short Term Rental permit since this is still her home address which she can provide documentation for. She is interested in doing travel nurse or corporate midterm rentals---meaning 30+days (however with the proximity to the hospital I think opening it up for shorter stays for folks who need to be near the hospital is also a good idea and would definitely require the permit. I do not think she would need a permit to do midterm rentals but please correct me if I am wrong). 

Is there a risk of permitting the Property as Owner occupied since it is her official address even though she would be renting the space out most of the year? She would still be using it from time to time when she is back in town but I am struggling to find any verbiage on the amount of time she is required to be present in the property for it to be owner occupied or any info on how long you can rent an entire property out when its under an Owner Occupied permit. If there are limitations, I am also thinking of renting by the room as a workaround for this. Any thoughts or other's experiences with this sort of situation or in this area? Thanks!

Loading replies...