• Portland, OR
Votes |
Airbnb vs other Vacation Rental By Owner Websites

Lynn Montang
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Portland, OR
Posted Jan 15 2018, 12:06

I recently listened to a podcast where this girl talked about how much she LOVES Airbnb.... well I don't "get" it, I find Airbnb nothing but aggravating and frustrating!  VRBO is my favorite and second is TripAdvisor.  (although, I am super annoyed that they now charge high booking fees).  I am able to set these sites up a year in advance and it's pretty much auto pilot with my calendar.  With Airbnb I have to go in and monitor my calendar on a constant weekly or at the very least monthly schedule.  I WANT to like Airbnb because I know people like to use it.  But in my view so far, Airbnb is for the 1 night bed and breakfast type of guest and the other sites I mentioned are more for vacationers.  

Other things I do not like about Airbnb:  1. It won't automatically add in taxes.  2.  I can't get answers to my questions easily, they want to pass the buck and have you to write to other hosts.  3.  If I have to cancel a reservation I get reprimanded and kicked off of their site.  (I have never had to cancel anyone or be scolded on any of the other sites).  

Help me understand what is so great about Airbnb.  Like I said, I want to like it.

Loading replies...