• Wholesaler
  • Newark, DE
Votes |
Day Use Short-Term Stays

Dustin Verley
  • Wholesaler
  • Newark, DE
Posted Mar 25 2018, 13:29

Something interesting I learned last night while planning for an upcoming stay in NYC. Being as how I am taking the family on vacation, traveling NYC for a day trip as part of the vacation can be tiresome to the little ones. After researching, I found there is a new company called Nap York. In brief, they allow "rent by the half hour" pods that allow you to catch a small nap. The downfall: They're an "18+ and over only" establishment.

This drove me to search more, and find, that there are some hotels that book day use of rooms rather than an overnight room. Something to allow you to get a quick nap, wash up, or whatever it may be, for a few hours. One place even allowed you to book by the MINUTE (for instance, a $30 service charge, plus $0.16 cents a minute) with a $70 minimum (meaning you would have to book AT LEAST four hours.)

A further example: One hotel allows you to book a room from 2pm-8pm for $100. Yes, this is a little steep, but the same room rents for around $300-$400 for an overnight booking, so there is SOME affordability there. And it beats trying to find a nice quiet place in the city to catch a nap, or get a few minutes of quiet time to unwind, or even complete some business work (used to think Starbucks served this purpose.)

An interesting concept that has lead me to wonder if anyone else is taking advantage of this in conjunction with their AirBNB strategies, or any other strategy. On the surface, this may not be as popular as the high turnover would call for prompter housekeeping and cleaning, but none the less, was an interesting concept.

Loading replies...