• Rental Property Investor
  • Asheville, NC
Votes |
How to tell the new neighbors you’re running an airbnb

Cameron Calvert
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Asheville, NC
Posted Jan 12 2021, 18:30

So my girlfriend and I just bought a house with incredible mountain views and are planning on turning the property into a vacation rental.

The problem is, the new neighbors suffer from various mental illnesses and are very low income. They are far too nosy and intrusive to operate a relaxing mountain getaway. They’ve already requested we remove trees obstructing their view and to take down a large light on a power line pole. The previous owner had legal and personal feuds with them too. Just trust me...they’re way too close for comfort.

Ipso facto the decision has been made to build a 6 foot privacy fence in between the properties to separate our business and these neighbors. There are no restrictions on fence height. The big issue is going to be that the fence will mostly block the deranged neighbors’ view of the mountain range.

How do I prevent an atomic meltdown from the neighbors on Saturday when they see us outside building a 6+ foot fence in front of their view?

Second question: How do you break it to the neighbors when you buy a new property that it will strictly be vacation renters living there? Obviously people don’t want a new person staying next door to them every night.

All ideas and advice welcome!

Loading replies...