Blake Ray
  • Cullman, AL
Votes |
Alabama - Just starting out

Blake Ray
  • Cullman, AL
Posted Apr 3 2017, 00:33

Hey everyone,

My wife Kassie and I are sort of new to real estate investing. We are 25 & 26 and have just closed a cash purchase on our first flip house.

On most nights, I can't sleep due to thinking about investing strategies and becoming successful in this business. I love to stay up and read books and blogs about investing and just stumbled upon BiggerPockets. I love what I am reading and am wanting to be a part of this shared learning experience. 

Any advice is more than welcome! 

User Stats

Votes
Samuel Barton
  • Killeen, TX
Votes |
  • Killeen, TX
Replied Apr 3 2017, 06:15

Hey!  It is awesome to meet another young investor!  I am 24 years old and have the same excitement about it as you.  I leverage my age all the time and started on the buy and hold side vs the active income side.  I would love to network with you further.

User Stats

Votes
James Rodgers
  • Investor
  • Birmingham, AL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Birmingham, AL
Replied Apr 3 2017, 06:53

Welcome to BP, Blake! It's an incredible place to learn legit stuff for free. If you aren't listening to the podcast, that'd be my #1 recommended BP resource. 

Reach out if you want to. 

James

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Blake Ray
  • Cullman, AL
Votes |
  • Cullman, AL
Replied Apr 3 2017, 18:06
Thank you for helping me out! I look forward to being involved with BP and getting to know everyone.

User Stats

Votes
James Jay
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Meridianville, AL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Meridianville, AL
Replied Apr 4 2017, 09:47

What part of Alabama?

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy Galloway
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Birmingham, AL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Birmingham, AL
Replied Apr 4 2017, 20:13

@Blake Ray be sure to share your case study on the Flip you are doing! How did you find your flip? 

User Stats

Votes
Blake Ray
  • Cullman, AL
Votes |
  • Cullman, AL
Replied Apr 4 2017, 20:52
@James Jay I live in Cullman County and my investment house is located in Cullman as well. @Jeremy Galloway I will definitely share all of the details when finished. I come from an architectural design and engineering background, so I am forcing myself to use my experience and figure out a way to do most of the renovations myself. This is saving us a lot costs starting off and I am very hopeful of it being a good flip. Also, we found this house listed in MLS. It is a foreclosure. We initially made an offer and didn't like the counter offer, so we forgot about it. After a month of being on the market, I noticed it sas still for sale so we put in a new offer and ended up negotiating a deal that I was happy with.