Patrick Dwyer
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Multi Family Interests

Patrick Dwyer
  • Denver, CO
Posted Apr 20 2018, 13:38

Hi Everybody!

I'm a 36 year old Chicago born and raised sales rep looking to get started in the real estate investing space.  My wife and I moved to Colorado 3 years ago and currently reside in Green Mountain Lakewood.  Multi family investing is what I'm looking to do, but I'd like to educate myself much more before I jump in.  I'm currently listening to Rod Khleif's podcasts, which are great, and bought a couple books on starting off in the industry.  My ultimate goal is to buy a property by the end of this year, but in the meantime I'd like to establish some new people in my life to help generate bright ideas and share their experiences. 

I have a couple friends in the Madison, WI area that are interested in investing with me.  One of them is a realtor, so that will help with this process of starting off.  I also have boots on the ground and some knowledge on the CHI market, which has always sparked interest to start there. 

If anyone is open to grabbing a coffee, jumping on a call, or starting some sort of communication chain I am IN!  I also like to golf & would enjoy a round & discussion of investing on the course. 

Have an awesome weekend!

User Stats

Votes
Matthew Baltzell
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
  • Denver, CO
Replied Apr 22 2018, 18:33

Patrick,

That's great that you're beginning to start you CRE journey. I'm a beginner in the industry as well. Right now I want to buy a property of 16+ unites by the end of this year and expand also expand my network.

Here are some helpful sources that I have used to help find me get started.

Websites:

1. Loopnet.com (CRE Listings)

2. Zillow.com

3. Rentometer.com (Avg price of a unit around a certain area0

Youtube

1. Real Estate Investing Made Simple with Grant Cardone

Podcasts

1. Best Real Estate Investing Advice Ever with Joe Fairless

2. Apartment Building Investing with Michael Blank

3. Multi-Family Investing with Corey Peterson

Books

1. Crushing It by Brian Murray

2. How to Read a Rent Roll by John Willhoit

3. The Secret of Raising Money by Michael LeBlanc.

4. Muti-Family Millions by David Lindahl

5. Commercial Real Estate Investing 101 by David Lindahl

Hope this help's. Let me know if you need anything else I would be happy to help. 

Also, I was born and raised in Lakewood, Colorado. It's a really nice are. I currently live in Chiang Mai, Thailand and will be returning in 2019. If you would like to chat via Skype about CRE I would be happy to meet you.

All the best,

Matthew R. Baltzell

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Dwyer
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
  • Denver, CO
Replied Apr 25 2018, 07:36

Thanks Matthew!  I appreciate the response and the sources provided.  I would like to chat soon.  I'll be traveling the next couple weeks, lets stay in touch.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Will G.
  • Maryville, Tn
Votes |
  • Maryville, Tn
Replied Apr 25 2018, 07:51

please study the re cycle as where isn't the only factor, but when is also important. We are late, imo, in the cycle, and no one knows exactly where, but be cognizant of it's reality