• Ottawa
Votes |
Hi! New member from Ottawa looking to invest in NB, QC, ON

Genevieve Vienneau
  • Attorney
  • Ottawa
Posted Sep 27 2022, 13:28

Hi! 

I wanted to introduce myself and hopefully connect with others with the same goals in my area. 

I'm a lawyer from Ottawa hoping to invest in BRRRR multi families in ON, QC and/or NB. I'm also a former travel agent very interested in vacation rentals in Canada and abroad. I speak fluent French, English and Spanish and would like to put that to good use investing in central and South America one day.

My goal is to eventually scale back my legal practice and supplement my income with REI. With the ultimate goal to be financially independent and work because I want to, not because I have to, and only on what matters most to me. (Isn't that the dream?)

I've spent the greater part of my last year of maternity leave reading loads of RE books, listening to podcasts and reading blogs (at the same time as successfully keeping three small humans alive which is no small feat). 

Despite all that reading and listening and acquiring so much knoledge in a field that was brand new to me, I have yet to actually connect with other investors and that's my next step. 

So if you're investing in these markets, please say hi! I'd love to connect. And if you have any suggestions on meet-ups (including how to get over my fear of actually meeting real PEOPLE, in PERSON at said meet ups 🙃) please drop them below.

Happy investing!

Loading replies...