Votes
Dwann Jackson
  • Texarkana, TX
Votes |
New investor needs help!

Dwann Jackson
  • Texarkana, TX
Posted Mar 29 2015, 07:11
Hello my name is Dwann and I was advised to join this forum for success and guidance. I have two deals I need assistance with. 1. The owner inherited his mothers property along with his two sisters. There are no mortgages or Liens on the property valued at $162k he said his bottom offer is $165-$175k and he would like for me to place an offer ASAP! He is motivated to sell quickly cause one of his sisters needs the money and want to quickly get rid of the property. I'm coming in with no money but would like to structure a deal where I can own the property to lease it and also pull cash at closing. 2. The owner has two mortgages and he is tired of paying two mortgages. The home was listed at $144k and he owes the bank $80k. He had leased the home prior to placing it up for sale by owner and he also mentioned owner financing. Both home are in excellent condition. The only work needed on these properties is carpet cleaning, that's it. They are both located in a great neighborhood with top schools in the surrounding area. How can I offer 2 structured deals to place us in a win win situation with no money out of my pocket and pull cash at closing on both properties?

User Stats

Votes
Rick H.#4 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Lender
  • Greater LA/Orange County area, CA
Votes |
Rick H.#4 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Lender
  • Greater LA/Orange County area, CA
Replied Mar 29 2015, 07:49

Welcome to the BP community.

Suggest you complete your profile, upload face pix and ask a single question.

Frame your question to both attract readers and compel useful responses. Yours rambles a bit.

Re Q #1: make certain your "seller" has the power to sell before even beginning to structure a seller financed deal with payments which still allows for a positive cash flow.

User Stats

Votes
Dwann Jackson
  • Texarkana, TX
Votes |
  • Texarkana, TX
Replied Mar 29 2015, 08:20

Okay Rick Harmon, thank you. pic is uploaded.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Michael McCartney
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Mar 29 2015, 08:54

It's valued at $162k but he is selling it for $165k -$175k? The sister wants to sell it fast because she needs money but you're coming in with no money?

Am I understanding that correctly?

User Stats

Votes
Dwann Jackson
  • Texarkana, TX
Votes |
  • Texarkana, TX
Replied Mar 29 2015, 10:34

Yes that's true.

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Turner#2 Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements Contributor
  • Investor
  • Maui, HI
Votes |
Brandon Turner#2 Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements Contributor
  • Investor
  • Maui, HI
Replied Mar 30 2015, 04:11

Hey @Dwann Jackson welcome to the site! It's great to have you! Feel free to jump in the community here!

User Stats

Votes
Derrick Craig
Pro Member
  • Memphis, TN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Memphis, TN
Replied Mar 30 2015, 04:17

@Dwann Jackson

Glad you joined BP!! Look for owner financing.