A couple that is new to BiggerPockets and real estate in Sacramento California.

18 Replies

Hi everyone,

Our names are Enrique and Melissa Serrano and we are a couple from Sacramento California looking to start in real estate investing with confidence and ambition put forward. We are completely new to real estate in which we have not started in real estate investing because we are in the leanring proccess. We hope to gain plenty of knowledge and insight into real estate and to be able to network with others to help each other grow. Our goal is to learn and join the other successful investors in this community who have helped others with knowledge and other real estate investment needs. We are in hopes to find a mentor who can help us grow as much as we can help them grow as well. There are a few avenues we would like to try to pursue in real estate which are flipping, renting, wholesaling, tax liens, and multifamily. Because we understand that it is best to focus on one subject, our main focus would like to be in flipping, but would love to learn every aspect of real estate investing because knowledge is infinitely powerful. We are grateful to have found such a wonderful community like this and found BiggerPockets by fate we believe. We would like to thank everyone for being such a wonderful hearted community and we can not wait to join in this love of real estate. 

Sincerely,

Enrique and Melissa Serrano 

Hi Enrique & Melissa-

Come out to a local REIA tonight at 7 pm. 2 local women who are great flippers are going to talk about what's working in the local market. Norcal REIA at Crowne Plaza Hotel, Date and Madison. Great way to meet and learn, along with Bigger Pockets! There's another REIA next Wednesday, also-let me know if you're interested. Good luck!

-Julie

Welcome to BP! I'm sure you'll find everything you're looking for here and in the podcasts. Be sure to also setup alerts so you are notified on topics that interest you.

Originally posted by @Julie Barrow :

Hi Enrique & Melissa-

Come out to a local REIA tonight at 7 pm. 2 local women who are great flippers are going to talk about what's working in the local market. Norcal REIA at Crowne Plaza Hotel, Date and Madison. Great way to meet and learn, along with Bigger Pockets! There's another REIA next Wednesday, also-let me know if you're interested. Good luck!

-Julie

Hi Julie Barrow, thank you for your responce. We are currently out of town at the moment and will do everything in our power to try make it to either one. We appreciate the heads up and we are grateful for this information. We are definitely interested and hope to see you at one of the meetings. 

Sincerely,

Originally posted by @Derek Jones :

Welcome to BP! I'm sure you'll find everything you're looking for here and in the podcasts. Be sure to also setup alerts so you are notified on topics that interest you.

Thank you for the response and welcome greeting Derek Jones. Thank you we will definitely be looking into the blogs and podcasts with open arms and a open mind. We have set up the alerts on the topics already and can not wait to hear from everyone. Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Originally posted by @Derek Jones :

Thank you for the response and welcome greeting Derek Jones. Thank you we will definitely be looking into the blogs and podcasts with open arms and a open mind. We have set up the alerts on the topics already and can not wait to hear from everyone. Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Na S.

Welcome you two! It's awesome to see couples participating together. No one better than your better half to hold you accountable and push you. The couple that grows together stays together ;) Best of luck!

Welcome to bigger pockets. I am a new investor in the Sacramento area as well. There will be an REI meeting next Wednesday at 630pm on arden way at the double tree. It cost 20$ a person come check it out.

Na S.It is good that you found biggerpockets to learn instead of you finding some so called guru who talked you into spending 25k on your credit cards towards their real estate program. Roseville has a good rei group that meets every month also. They have a lot of members and it is free. You can find it at meetup.com. It is easy to ask me or other members of biggerpockets questions about financing and real estate investing.

Originally posted by @Jesse Hinaman :

@Enrique and melissa S.

Welcome you two! It's awesome to see couples participating together. No one better than your better half to hold you accountable and push you. The couple that grows together stays together ;) Best of luck!

Thank you Jesse Hinaman for the welcome greeting!! Thank you for wonderfully kind words and we completely agree with growing together and staying together :). Thank you and best of luck to you as well! 

Sincerely,

Originally posted by @Ben Andrews :

@Enrique and melissa S. Welcome to the site! I recommend you check out the ultimate beginner's guide - http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

And start listening to the BiggerPockets podcasts. It's what I did, and am still doing!

Best of luck in your future investments.

-Ben

Thank you for the welcome greeting Ben Andrews we appreciate it!! We have started reading the book and are almost done :). We will be reading more books and definitely listening to the podcasts!! Thank you for the wise advise and our best wishes to you as well to your future success!!

Sincerely,

Originally posted by @Stephanie Garcia :

Welcome to bigger pockets. I am a new investor in the Sacramento area as well. There will be an REI meeting next Wednesday at 630pm on arden way at the double tree. It cost 20$ a person come check it out.

Hi Stephanie Garcia, thank you for the welcome greeting!! Thank you for the heads up!! We will be planning to make it to that meeting and can not wait!! Best of luck to you on your future success and we will see you at the meeting!!

Originally posted by @Gordon Cuffe:

@Enrique and melissa S.It is good that you found biggerpockets to learn instead of you finding some so called guru who talked you into spending 25k on your credit cards towards their real estate program. Roseville has a good rei group that meets every month also. They have a lot of members and it is free. You can find it at meetup.com. It is easy to ask me or other members of biggerpockets questions about financing and real estate investing.

Hi @Gordon Cuffe , we 100% agree with you!! We recently attended an event called successpath that extremely dissapointed us!! All they wanted was our money and seemed to truly not care about the people that attended! The event was supposed to be a workshop to help us all learn about real estate investing, when in fact it was all a sales pitch!! Wow thank you for information!! We appreciate you informing us about the Roseville REI, meetup, and the open arms invitation to talk about real estate financing and investing!!

Sincerely,

Originally posted by @Chris Vail :

@Enrique and melissa S.

Welcome to BP and congrats on the first step of many on your REI journey.

Thank you Chris Vail for the welcome greeting and the kind words!!! We are grateful to be apart of this wonderful family of kind hearted and like minded individuals!! 

Thanks @Richard Ayvazyan for the congratulatory comment and thank you for the website information!! We will definitely check out the website!! Thank you again and we also wish you the best of luck on your future success!!! 

Sincerely,

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you