Realtor and aspiring investor in the Inland Empire.

10 Replies

Hi everyone,

I'm a Realtor here in the Inland Empire, Rialto specifically, that wants to learn more about investing in real estate. I've been searching on the forums here for awhile now, being referred by google, without realizing the significance of BiggerPockets; that is until I discovered the podcasts, and now I'm absolutely hooked!

I specialize in sustainability and I'm accredited by the USGBC as a LEED AP in the Homes rating system. My wife and I work together as a real estate and interior design team, specializing in green design. I would love to help anyone here that is interested in green building and living.

I hope to meet other professionals in my area and would love the opportunity to learn from and serve local investors. My ultimate goal is to move my family to San Diego and focus my career on real estate investment and development.

Aside from real estate, I'm an avid Blues fan and musician, and dream of achieving financial independence through real estate so I can play the Blues to my heart's content! 

I'm really excited to be a part of this community!

Originally posted by @Kirky Galt :

Hi everyone,

Aside from real estate, I'm an avid Blues fan and musician, and dream of achieving financial independence through real estate so I can play the Blues to my heart's content! 

I'm really excited to be a part of this community!

If you played the blues until your heart's content, would that be considered a cure? LOL

Originally posted by @Aaron Mazzrillo :
Originally posted by @Kirk Galt:

Hi everyone,

Aside from real estate, I'm an avid Blues fan and musician, and dream of achieving financial independence through real estate so I can play the Blues to my heart's content! 

I'm really excited to be a part of this community!

If you played the blues until your heart's content, would that be considered a cure? LOL

There's no cure, only treatment!

You say you specialize in sustainability. A great question to ask yourself when you are considering entering into a deal is, "Is this sustainable?" I've seen lots of investors start small, blow up way to big way too fast, and come crashing down. Sustainability is essential for building a long term investing career. That means avoiding things like short term balloons or believing you'll find the money before the balloon is due. When doing rehabs never squeeze your rehab costs, inflate your sales price and underestimate holding time just to get your offer accepted. And when considering holding property as a rental, never over estimate cash flow and lower vacancy expenses.

Originally posted by @Aaron Mazzrillo :

You say you specialize in sustainability. A great question to ask yourself when you are considering entering into a deal is, "Is this sustainable?" I've seen lots of investors start small, blow up way to big way too fast, and come crashing down. Sustainability is essential for building a long term investing career. That means avoiding things like short term balloons or believing you'll find the money before the balloon is due. When doing rehabs never squeeze your rehab costs, inflate your sales price and underestimate holding time just to get your offer accepted. And when considering holding property as a rental, never over estimate cash flow and lower vacancy expenses.

That's an excellent point Aaron; because whether it's your business or the natural environment, what's the point if you can't sustain it into the future? 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

  • Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you