• Investor
  • Savannah, GA
Votes |
New Savannah Investor

Alex Mangum
  • Investor
  • Savannah, GA
Posted Apr 22 2016, 11:48

I'm a recent college grad looking for buy and hold deals in the downtown Savannah area.  I am new to investing and looking to begin with a owner/occupant duplex or single family with a caraige house and would appreciate any advice.  

I would love to hear from other investors in the area about any hidden issues and costs that go into renting to local college students.   

Account Closed
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Savannah, GA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Savannah, GA
Replied Apr 22 2016, 12:00

You should definitely talk to my friend Beth Quigley Ferensic.  She is a Realtor and owns SCAD rentals downtown.  BP does not allow me to post her contact info for some reason.

User Stats

Votes
Alex Mangum
  • Investor
  • Savannah, GA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Savannah, GA
Replied Apr 22 2016, 12:10

Thanks.  How can I get in contact?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Michael Seeker
  • Investor
  • Louisville and Memphis, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Louisville and Memphis, TN
Replied Apr 22 2016, 12:19

I just Googled "Beth Quigley Ferensic. She is a Realtor and owns SCAD" and her website/phone number are in the first result...

User Stats

Votes
Alex Mangum
  • Investor
  • Savannah, GA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Savannah, GA
Replied Apr 22 2016, 12:23

Got it. Are there any reias or clubs you would suggest in Savannah?

User Stats

Votes
Steve Bracero
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Westboro, MA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Westboro, MA
Replied Apr 22 2016, 12:36

I am looking to also purchase a multi family property and to house hack. It is a great starting point. I am planning on living in and becoming an owner occupant for a year then moving to a second property- a multi family. Good luck! 

Steve Bracero Real Estate  Logo

User Stats

Votes
Greg Ragins
  • Pooler , GA
Votes |
  • Pooler , GA
Replied Apr 27 2016, 15:06

I'm Greg I currently living in the Savannah Georgia area. I've been looking at multifamily homes in Savannah area for couple month now watching the trains and problems that is common in the Savannah area. I see number investments opportunities that can be very profitable in the Savannah market as for the multi family homes near college area and surrounding areas. I have not moved on any of the properties yet looking for capital to try to purchase a set in the same area. Have you find a partner in the Savannah area?

User Stats

Votes
Abbas Jamal Eddine
  • Greensboro, NC
Votes |
  • Greensboro, NC
Replied Apr 5 2017, 16:03

Alex,

Any luck finding good deals in Savannah? Looking for an equity partner for buying a multi family house in savannah. Please reach out if you are interested.