Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Julie Fears
  • Investor
  • Cartersville, GA
Votes |
New to BP from Cartersville, GA (Atlanta, GA)

Julie Fears
  • Investor
  • Cartersville, GA
Posted May 3 2016, 03:06

My husband and I have been part time investing since 2003. We began buying in the Cobb county area and have migrated to Bartow, Paulding, Carroll, and Cherokee counties.  I have managed the properties while he has acquired them, but now I'm looking to educate myself more on finding, negotiating, and securing the deals.  We currently buy and hold, but have done flips in the past. We both became real estate agents to streamline finding deals and save money.

In the beginning, we did all the rehab work ourselves and learned a lot along the way, but 12 years and 3 kids later, we became stuck with little time to find deals and manage the ones we were holding.  It had become exhausting!  We decided to outsource our property management and rehab work so we could get back to finding the deals and building our future.  We have added 7 properties to our portfolio in this past year and have 2 pending.  

We currently reinvest our profits back into the business, so my husband still works full time to provide for our family.  We would love to generate enough passive cash flow for my husband to leave his full time job and focus completely on real estate investing full time. Ultimately, we want full financial freedom and to build a legacy for our children.

Recently, my husband mentioned this site to me and said that he had been poking around for some time and I should check it out.  Specifically he asked me to listen to Podcast #2.  I was empowered by the message.  I signed up the same day!  I am excited to learn what I don't know and really grow our little business into a machine!!

Loading replies...