Yuta Tamura
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
New member from Lake Jackson/Houston Texas

Yuta Tamura
  • Houston, TX
Posted Jul 22 2016, 09:01

Hello BP community! 
I am a new investor originally from Colorado and now residing in Angleton TX (45min south of Houston TX) for work as an engineer. I was initially introduced to BP through an investor friend from Colorado, with whom I am part of a group of investors based there. The BP podcasts and forums has provided such incredible guidance and knowledge, I am excited to connect and touch base with the myriad of experienced investors in this community. I am primarily interested in buy & hold and flip deals in the greater Brazoria County (Lake Jackson/Freeport/Angleton/Pearland areas) but am interested in Houston as well. Looking to purchase my first investment property by this year. I have been absorbing as much knowledge as I possibly can and would greatly appreciate any tips and advise. 
I would also greatly appreciate any recommendations for realtors, mortgage brokers, hard money lenders, and general contractors in the area, as well as any investors looking to partner!

Looking forward to being a part of this community. 

Yuta Tamura

User Stats

Votes
Michael S.
  • Biggerpockets Support
  • Las Pinas, Metro Manila
Votes |
  • Biggerpockets Support
  • Las Pinas, Metro Manila
Replied Jul 22 2016, 17:49

Welcome to BP Yuta and all the best on the first investment property

User Stats

Votes
Ari Gable
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Houston, TX
Replied Jul 22 2016, 18:50

Saw that you just join BP. Welcome Yuta . There a local Houston BP meetup that meets almost every month. Ask @ Charles Nguyen.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Courtney Downtain
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Spring, TX
Votes |
  • Spring, TX
Replied Jul 22 2016, 19:04

Hi Yuta

Welcome to BP! This is the best place to ask any and all questions you have about RE. I also recommend the podcast. It is very informative and fun to listen to. I am a wholesaler located in north Houston so please let me know if you need assistance locating deals. I am also from Alvin so I am curious how you are liking it there in Angleton?

User Stats

Votes
Kenneeth Strauss
  • Spring, TX
Votes |
  • Spring, TX
Replied Jul 28 2016, 06:51

Hi Yuta, Welcome to BP, I am a Realtor in the Houston, area. I am also an Investor. If you need a investor friendly Realtor please contact me.

User Stats

Votes
Yuta Tamura
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Houston, TX
Replied Jul 28 2016, 07:34

Thank you all very much for the warm welcome! 

@Ari Gable I appreciate the information! I will contact Charles as soon as I can. Are you also a part of the Houston BP meetup? 

@Courtney Downtain Hello Courtney! Great to get in touch with you. I would love to work with you regarding deals, please feel free to contact me if you are looking for buyers! Angleton is nice so far, very quiet and peaceful. Cooler market. I was browsing some Alvin properties the other day, what do you think of the Alvin market? 

@Kenneeth Strauss Kenneeth, thank you for your contact. I am actually planning to move to Houston within the next year and would love to work with an investor friendly realtor once I'm there. I will keep in touch. 

User Stats

Votes
Courtney Downtain
  • Spring, TX
Votes |
  • Spring, TX
Replied Jul 28 2016, 09:47

Yuta Tamura I haven't really checked out the Alvin market since being involved with RE, but it's something to look into for sure!

User Stats

Votes
Naeem Kapasi
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Jul 30 2016, 10:39

Welcome to BP @Yuta Tamura, make sure to check out the UBG at biggerpockets.com/UBG

Good luck investing!

User Stats

Votes
Mark Nolan
Pro Member
  • Professional
  • Carlsbad, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Professional
  • Carlsbad, CA
Replied Jul 30 2016, 12:08