Votes
Joseph Brown
  • Duncanville, TX
Votes |
Novice Investor in BRRR

Joseph Brown
  • Duncanville, TX
Posted Jul 12 2017, 10:32

Hello BP community, my name is Joseph and I am a new BP member and a knowledge seeking novice investor in the DFW area of Texas. I have been passionate about real estate for a long time, but life took me in a different directions and my priorities had to shift. Now I have nothing but time after busy days with my kids and long days at a wonderful job. Unlike some people with their jobs I actually enjoy mine , but I still want to be the only person to determine my family's financial freedom by being disclinple enough and using a little bit of common sense to invest in a few good deals so I can truly invest ,by putting my time into my kids and family. I am primary interested in the BRRRR strategy, but open to more than more one tool in my toolbox. I look forward to networking and meeting with other like minded individuals, stay focus and take action.

User Stats

Votes
Michael S.
  • Biggerpockets Support
  • Las Pinas, Metro Manila
Votes |
  • Biggerpockets Support
  • Las Pinas, Metro Manila
Replied Jul 12 2017, 17:12

Welcome to the community Joseph. Great to have you here. 

User Stats

Votes
Dave Visaya
  • Audio Engineer and Investor
  • Cebu City, Cebu
Votes |
  • Audio Engineer and Investor
  • Cebu City, Cebu
ModeratorReplied Jul 12 2017, 17:21

Hello @Joseph Brown, welcome to BiggerPockets! It is great to have you and please feel free to jump in the community - there are certainly great people around here!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Brown
  • Duncanville, TX
Votes |
  • Duncanville, TX
Replied Jul 12 2017, 17:49

Thanks for the warm welcome, I'm eager to learn a wealth of knowledge and make some sound actions towards some good investments. 

Account Closed
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
  • Miami, FL
Replied Jul 13 2017, 06:19

Welcome @Joseph Brown! I'm also a newbie investor but have learned so much just participating on the forums. It's great that you've landed on the BRRRR strategy so fast. It took me a couple of weeks to fully understand the benefits of using it. I recommend setting up alerts to follow all types of discussions surrounding BRRRR, or anything else of interest to you, and you will definitely pick up so much knowledge!

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Brown
  • Duncanville, TX
Votes |
  • Duncanville, TX
Replied Jul 13 2017, 17:20

Thanks, I sure will. Good luck with your future endeavors!

User Stats

Votes
Kenneth Garrett
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Florida Panhandle/Illinois
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Florida Panhandle/Illinois
Replied Jul 13 2017, 18:00

@Joseph Brown

Welcome to BP. I have been using the BRRRR strategy for awhile now, even before I knew it was called BRRRR. If you have any questions let me know.

Good Luck.

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Brown
  • Duncanville, TX
Votes |
  • Duncanville, TX
Replied Jul 14 2017, 08:48

Ok thanks Kenneth, I do have one question, I just came back from driving for dollars and wanted to know can I use the BRRRR strategy by taking out an home equity loan, I believed its called a HELOC on two of my properties for a four plex and is that a good idea for a newbie? Thanks any advice will be much appreciate.

User Stats

Votes
Jorge Ruiz
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Jul 15 2017, 14:20

@Joseph Brown welcome to BP! All the best to you!

Jorge

User Stats

Votes
Jibran Najmi
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Arlington, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Arlington, TX
Replied Jul 17 2017, 10:12

@Joseph Brown

Welcome to BP!

Congrats on the decision to learn about real estate, I think it will change your life and mindset in many ways.  Please let me know if I can help in anyway, I'd be glad to help!  I think @Account Closed has the right idea in terms of jumping into the forums and using that as one method of learning along with alerts so you know whats going on in your local area.

If you're interested, I'm actually hosting a BP Meetup tonight @ 7 PM in Arlington.  Its a casual event where you can meet local investors and those that are interested in real estate.  I hope to see you there!

BP Arlington Investors Meetup

7 PM @ The Grease Monkey

7/17/17

200 N. Mesquite, Arlington, TX