Votes
Kristin Davey
  • Las Vegas, NV
Votes |
New Member from Las Vegas, NV

Kristin Davey
  • Las Vegas, NV
Posted May 19 2018, 13:49

Hi Everyone! I am so excited to have found this amazing resource to help me begin my real estate investing career. I am 26 and currently work in client account management and know this is not where my heart resides. I have a love and passion for interior design and received my bachelors degree in the field in 2015. My ultimate goal is to get into flipping homes as I feel this would be a great way to use my interior design background while investing my money into something more valuable. 

I would love any input you guys might have that would help me get started. I will give you a little background as to where I am at in life to help you understand my situation a little better. 

I am currently renting a home in Las Vegas and am beginning the search of the home buying process. As I am searching for homes to purchase, the thought of an investment property is something that sounds more and more appealing, but the thought of how to get started is what is daunting me. I want to make sure I make an educated decision before jumping to something I know little about. Should I continue with the purchase of my own home instead of using that money for an investment? I am so tired of throwing my money away to someone else's mortgage, but it's also the easy way out. My current job is flexible and steady so I would likely work full time while trying to begin as I don't want to lose my consistent income. 

Thank you in advance for any input and I can't wait learn more about the BP community and all that is has to offer! :)

Loading replies...