New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Nicholas Seaver
Votes |
Newbie from Albuquerque, NM

Nicholas Seaver
Posted Aug 1 2018, 19:15

Hi there! My name is Nick Seaver, and I am currently serving in the military. My occupation is Combat Search and Rescue for Air Force Special Operations, and I am currently stationed in Albuquerque as an instructor. Due to the fact that I am no longer conducting real rescues myself during this duty station, I have filled my free time and crave for adventure by diving head first into real estate investing. I am highly motivated to begin!

I am currently in the process of creating my first deal: a flip in the local area. This does not reflect my overall business plan, but simply something to cut my teeth on and get some knowledge through real world experience (the best instructor). I have an interested partner and a trusted realtor. I still need contractors and private lenders/hard money lenders, and of course, to find the deal itself. 

If you are looking to network, let's chat!!! I am looking forward to being apart of this amazing community!

-Nick

User Stats

Votes
Travis D Busch
  • Investor
  • Albuquerque, NM
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Albuquerque, NM
Replied Aug 1 2018, 20:15

Hi there, and welcome.

I'm not sure what exactly your business plan is. Fix and flip is definitely good money so long as you stick to a budget of money and time. Take a good look at the market determine and make a fair and honest ARV "After Repair Value" and you'll find your house sell quickly. It's all numbers and if you get the math right you'll make a coin. If you scour the forums most if not all of your questions will be answered.

Best Reguards.

User Stats

Votes
George Blower
  • Retirement Accounts Attorney
  • Southfield, MI
Votes |
  • Retirement Accounts Attorney
  • Southfield, MI
Replied Aug 1 2018, 22:35

@Nicholas Seaver

Welcome to Bigger Pockets.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Jens Nielsen
  • Investor
  • Santa Fe, NM
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Santa Fe, NM
Replied Aug 2 2018, 05:50

Hi Nicholas,

Welcome to BP!

Real estate can be very exciting for sure!

I have a lot of multi family experience in Albuquerque, so let’s connect if you want to learn more?

Jens

User Stats

Votes
Tom Ott
  • Equity Raiser and Turnkey Provider
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Equity Raiser and Turnkey Provider
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied Aug 2 2018, 06:14
Originally posted by @Nicholas Seaver:

Hi there! My name is Nick Seaver, and I am currently serving in the military. My occupation is Combat Search and Rescue for Air Force Special Operations, and I am currently stationed in Albuquerque as an instructor. Due to the fact that I am no longer conducting real rescues myself during this duty station, I have filled my free time and crave for adventure by diving head first into real estate investing. I am highly motivated to begin!

I am currently in the process of creating my first deal: a flip in the local area. This does not reflect my overall business plan, but simply something to cut my teeth on and get some knowledge through real world experience (the best instructor). I have an interested partner and a trusted realtor. I still need contractors and private lenders/hard money lenders, and of course, to find the deal itself. 

If you are looking to network, let's chat!!! I am looking forward to being apart of this amazing community!

-Nick

Hello and welcome! Best of luck to you! 

User Stats

Votes
Gannon Coffman
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Albuquerque, NM
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Albuquerque, NM
Replied Aug 2 2018, 16:18

Hello and welcome. I am a full time investor/ brokerage owner based here in Albuquerque. Let me know if you have questions as you come up against challenges. 

User Stats

Votes
Grant Rothenburger
  • Investor
  • Taylor Mill, KY
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Taylor Mill, KY
Replied Aug 2 2018, 16:32

Welcome @Nicholas Seaver and thank you for your service!

User Stats

Votes
Nicholas Seaver
Votes |
Replied Aug 3 2018, 18:28

Thank you @Travis D Busch @George Blower @Tom Ott @Gannon Coffman @Grant Rothenburger

@Jens Nielsen lets meet up!

@Gannon Coffman

User Stats

Votes
Nicholas Seaver
Votes |
Replied Aug 3 2018, 18:29

Would anyone be interested in a meet if I set one up? 

Let me know!

User Stats

Votes
Joel Belding
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Albuquerque, NM
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Albuquerque, NM
Replied Aug 8 2018, 07:19

@nicholas seaver if you are interested in meeting up with local investors, you should talk to @david Torres. He runs some of the local meetups.

User Stats

Votes
Jon Paszkiewicz
  • Albuquerque, NM
Votes |
  • Albuquerque, NM
Replied Aug 12 2018, 11:12
@Jens Nielsen I am also in Albuquerque and am planning to start with my first mfr in about 12. Mo. My plan includes getting relationships in place now, before I'm involved in a deal. I'll be checking out the meet up groups here to try and get plugged in. Any direction or tips, sir?

User Stats

Votes
Jens Nielsen
  • Investor
  • Santa Fe, NM
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Santa Fe, NM
Replied Aug 12 2018, 17:18

Joe, it's all about getting educated and creating relationships. Find a mentor/coach, network with other investors and brokers and go to meetups. I don't live Albuquerque, but that's where my investments are.
However, I can help you with the coaching approach if interested.

User Stats

Votes
Frankie Woods
  • Investor
  • Arlington, VA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Arlington, VA
Replied Aug 13 2018, 17:34

Congrats on getting your feet wet! Come to a REIA to network!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Brandon L.#4 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Falls Church
Votes |
Brandon L.#4 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Falls Church
Replied Nov 20 2018, 06:29

Hello! @Nicholas Seaver

Welcome to BP, and congratulations on making the decision to invest in your future via real estate.

I have written a few blog posts that may help you get started here on BP, and with your investing. Please click on the links, give them a read, and share your thoughts in the comments.

First is a post that I feel will help not get overwhelmed with the amount of info that is here on BP:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52761-the-simple-guide-to-getting-started-on-bp

The second is a post that will help get you focused with your real estate investing goals:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52743-im-new-to-bp-any-advice-would-be-appriciated

The last one is a post that will help you choose an “investor friendly” real estate agent.

There are many agents out there, but it’s important to choose the right one.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52724-im-new-to-investing-how-do-i-find-an-investor-friendly-agent

I love answering questions if you have any! Good Luck :)

@Nicholas Seaverundefined