User Stats

Votes
Daniel Dahlgren
Votes |
New member from Finland

Daniel Dahlgren
Posted Jun 3 2019, 11:43

Hi everyone!

So I've been reading the forums and other content here on BP for a while and thought it is about time to introduce myself.

I belong to a slightly smaller group here on BP who have actually born and live outside States. I was born in Finland and last year moved back to here after studying abroad and graduating from London Business School in UK. Started working in investment banking, which I love, but real estate is something I've always been interested in.

I have no rush to leave my job, but aim to start building my portfolio early on and hopefully "retire"/move to full time real estate later in life. As the financing part if somewhat difficult for foreigner, my plan is to study more for few years and create clear and actionable plan while I save up equity. From what I have understood it might be easier to finance through portfolio loans and as such the plan is to move straight to small apartment buildings.

Currently exploring BP, listening podcasts, reading bunch of books and starting to study markets/economic factors in US. Priority is to have solid foundation in real estate literature and understand the differences between practices in Finland and States before properly starting to look for my market in States.

All tips and pointers are more than welcome!

Best,

Daniel

Loading replies...