Newbie from Columbus, Ohio - How do you stay positive?
Hello BP! My name is Cody and I'm a total noob. I found BP after getting the house hacking bug from a friend who is doing it in Georgia. I'm a full time lab tech at THE Ohio State University and I've been searching for a side hustle for well over a year now. I like my job but it does not have a very high ceiling in terms of income and growth, but it comes with great benefits. My early plan is to start by house hacking a multifamily property, saving up and purchasing a second property when the time is right. Right now I am just getting educated and taking in the fire hose of information that's out there. I am reading Larry Loftis's book on Investing in Duplexes, Triplexes & Quads, and "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" is next on the list. I am listening to BP podcasts in the car and watching youtube videos on the subject. BP forums have been a great source for where to look for good information! A BP user also mentioned "Impact Theory" on youtube and I have been enjoying that as well, which leads me to ask ya'll:
How do you stay motivated (positive, hyped, excited etc) about, well, life? I have taken some good strides the past 2 years and gotten my mental health in a good place, but it is a never ending battle. The RE bug is getting me hyped, but this is NOT a get rich quick scene (which I like, it doesn't feel like a fad). Any tips for keeping the energy up over the coming months?