Doug Burry
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Votes |
Newbie from Virginia Beach, VA

Doug Burry
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Posted Oct 22 2019, 06:02

Hello Bigger Pockets Community

I'm located in Virginia Beach, VA and currently own two rental properties with plans to purchase more. Here to learn, grow, and network.

User Stats

Votes
Anthoney Hanks
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Forney, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Forney, TX
Replied Oct 22 2019, 06:38

@Doug Burry Welcome to BiggerPockets. You are already to a great start. I get a lot from the podcast.

User Stats

Votes
Doug Burry
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Votes |
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Replied Oct 22 2019, 06:46
@Anthony Hanks Thanks for the welcome. I have downloaded the first 150 podcasts and have begun listening as I drive to work. Started number 19 this morning. I have found a lot of great information while listening to these. I have picked up several books and I've been plowing through them with plans to revisit them and begin highlighting and writing notes. I am currently looking for local real estate groups I can begin networking with.
Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.

User Stats

Votes
Skyler Mckinney
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Replied Oct 22 2019, 07:33

@Doug Burry welcome to the community. Hampton Roads has a great support system for furthering your investing. TRIG has a monthly meet up with a very large turnout with a verity of experience and there is also PREIA up in Hampton with a huge following as well. Just through this site I have met a lot of people in the area who were in the military and are also in the military still. I was in the Navy as well for 4 years did civ contracting for 3 years and now I do this full time. But welcome and feel free to PM me at anytime. 

User Stats

Votes
Patti Robertson
  • Property Manager
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Replied Oct 22 2019, 08:18

Welcome @Doug Burry!  One other group to join is the Hampton Roads Landlord Association.  See you at a meeting soon!

User Stats

Votes
Doug Burry
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Votes |
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Replied Oct 22 2019, 08:45

@Skyler Mckinney Thank you for the welcome. I recently found TRIG on meetup and hope to attend a future event. Not familiar with the PREIA group in Hampton, I will look into that. 

User Stats

Votes
Paul Allen
  • Financial Advisor
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Replied Oct 22 2019, 08:47

Welcome @Doug Burry!!!

I second @Patti Robertson's suggestion for the Hampton Roads Landlord Association. It's a subset of TRIG and a great group of investors.  

User Stats

Votes
Doug Burry
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Votes |
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Replied Oct 22 2019, 08:47

@Patti Robertson Thank you for the welcome. When does the Hampton Roads Landlord Association meet? I am interested in attending. 

User Stats

Votes
Paul Allen
  • Financial Advisor
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Replied Oct 22 2019, 09:00

https://www.meetup.com/HRLandlordAssoc/events/265024982/

User Stats

Votes
Doug Burry
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Votes |
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Replied Oct 22 2019, 09:02

@Paul Allen Thank you for the welcome. I just went to your website and saw you are an EA. I have a BS in Accounting and have thought of going in the tax field upon completion of my military service and obtaining my EA credential. I am interested in specializing in small business accounting and taxes. 

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Benjamins
  • Lender
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Replied Oct 22 2019, 11:25

@Doug Burry welcome to BP. Look up Think Real Estate on meetup app. Every first Monday of the month we have a speaker meeting. Meeting tonight about Apartment Investing. Lots of good people to learn from around here in Virginia Beach. Hope to see you soon at the meetings.

User Stats

Votes
Patti Robertson
  • Property Manager
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Replied Oct 22 2019, 16:21
Originally posted by @Doug Burry:

@Patti Robertson Thank you for the welcome. When does the Hampton Roads Landlord Association meet? I am interested in attending.

Here is a link.  http://meetu.ps/c/2rx3x/z3D0/a