New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Chelsea Macias
Votes |
New Real Estate Investor-Beckley WV

Chelsea Macias
Posted Oct 7 2020, 17:53

Hello All!! I recently moved back home to southern WV. I want to invest and rehab properties to rent in southern WV (Beckley) and the panhandle (Martinsburg area). I am starting with a single family home in Beckley. Hoping to STACK over 3 -5 yrs! Starting the journey of a thousand miles with a single step! Any advice for a new would be deeply appreciated.

User Stats

Votes
Matt Hassler
  • Realtor
  • Martinsburg WV
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Martinsburg WV
Replied Oct 7 2020, 18:20

@Chelsea Macias

Best of luck in your journey of real estate investing! Martinsburg is a great area and of high demand (even more so than neighboring cities).

I’m sure you’ll do great!

User Stats

Votes
Dmitriy Fomichenko
Tax & Financial Services
Pro Member
#1 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Solo 401k Expert
  • Anaheim Hills, CA
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
Pro Member
#1 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Solo 401k Expert
  • Anaheim Hills, CA
Replied Oct 7 2020, 22:53

Welcome to BP @Chelsea Macias ! You have found the right place for a plethora of information on REI.

Check out BP Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/podcast

Good luck on everything!

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Timothy Doenges
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Mount Nebo, WV
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Mount Nebo, WV
Replied Oct 9 2020, 07:25

@Chelsea Macias

I’m in the Beckley, Fayetteville, and Summersville markets. Let me know if you need anything!

RE/MAX Real Estate Limited Logo

User Stats

Votes
Derrick E.
  • Investor
  • The Creek, WV
Votes |
  • Investor
  • The Creek, WV
Replied Oct 11 2020, 21:27

Good stuff @Chelsea Macias, my advice is don't try to grow too fast at once. Spend the first year or so getting things in place such as building connections with contractors, handymen, other investors in local area, real estate agents, watching/learning the markets better, how to deal with tenants, etc etc.

You are on the right path. I'm NOT saying not to grow over the next few years. I'm just recommending growing slow at first. Build that solid foundation so you will be more prepared to really take off down the road. 

User Stats

Votes
Chelsea Macias
Votes |
Replied Oct 12 2020, 18:47

Derrick—

Thanks for the advice!!! Do you know if any organizations or meetings I can go to so that I can grow my network?? Are there any real estate investor meetings in West Virginia or more specifically southern WV that you know of??