Votes |
Hello and welcome to BiggerPockets!

Alli McGee
Pro Member
  • Product Manager at BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
Posted Aug 2 2021, 15:31

Hello and welcome to our community! 👋👋👋

Next step: After uploading a profile pic, kindly introduce yourself here! 

1. 🌎 Where you’re based + where you (hope to) invest

2. 💫 What your goals are with joining BiggerPockets (e.g. buy my first house hack)

3. 🤪 A fun fact about yourself

We’ve found that members who engage with the community get more out of BiggerPockets and have an easier time building their network.

​​Community rules:
1. Be kind

2. Be helpful

3. Ask well-formed, thoughtful questions

4. Don’t spam the forums or cold private message people promoting yourself or your business
(self-promotion is only allowed in this forum)

5. Have fun!

If you have any concerns about our community rules and guidelines, you can find them here!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 28 2022, 18:16

Greetings!

I'm an IT Professional currently residing in the Atlanta area but plan to move "back home" to Florida in early '23. 

I grew up the only son of a real estate pro who got out of the RE business in 1990 and stuck to the mortgage business most of my life. I know that I don't have the temperament to be a RE agent/broker, but investing? sure!

I'm interested in the cash flow-- In the next 13 years (I'm 37), I want to get to the point where I have enough passive income from various RE investments that I don't need to work to pay my living expenses.

User Stats

Votes
Athena Joyce Larry
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Feb 15 2022, 07:02

Hello everyone! I’m 17 and looking to get in the game of real estate investing.

I’m live in Los Angeles, CA and this is where I want to invest. 

My goals are to learn as much as I can and hopefully get a mentor along the way. I figured why not start as early as possible hahaha.

A fun fact about me is that my family is from a super small island called SABA. 

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 7 2022, 10:28

1. Hi!  My name is Branden Mohler I currently live in AZ.  I'm looking to invest in Arizona, Texas, Indiana, Pennsylvania, and Ohio.

2. My reasons for joining bigger pockets is to first a foremost is to network. Secondly to buy my first rental and ultimately want to buy a large apartment.

3. A few fun facts about me are.  I'm a fire fighter.  My favorite color is green.  Love to chat about anything finance.   

User Stats

Votes
Chris Good
  • Real Estate Agent
  • New Holland, PA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • New Holland, PA
Replied Mar 9 2022, 04:51

Hi Brandon, welcome to bigger pockets! I personally invest in the Pottstown and Harrisburg PA markets and have clients that invest in other areas of PA as well. I'd be happy to chat learn more about your real estate goals and share what I've learned the past few years. 

User Stats

Votes
Jessica Irwin
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied Mar 9 2022, 12:42
Quote from @Branden Mohler:

1. Hi!  My name is Branden Mohler I currently live in AZ.  I'm looking to invest in Arizona, Texas, Indiana, Pennsylvania, and Ohio.

2. My reasons for joining bigger pockets is to first a foremost is to network. Secondly to buy my first rental and ultimately want to buy a large apartment.

3. A few fun facts about me are.  I'm a fire fighter.  My favorite color is green.  Love to chat about anything finance.   

I'm in AZ too and looking to make REI my full time gig. I have a few rentals from over the years as I ran my healthcare business, but now that I've stepped away, I'm hoping to make investing my slow roll into retirement strategy. Feel free to connect if you ever want to chat!

User Stats

Votes
Jana Crum
  • Realtor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied Mar 9 2022, 17:14

@Jessica Irwin What type of healthcare business did you have? I got my Masters in Healthcare Administration and worked in that field before switching to Real Estate! I am also in AZ and love to connect with you!

@Branden Mohler I'm also in AZ in and some of my uncles and cousins are Firefighters in Phoenix! I'd love to connect with you and learn more about your real estate goals!

• Real Estate Agent Arizona (#SA691243000)

• 623-296-4788

User Stats

Votes
Stacy Edwards
  • Virtual Assistant
  • Langley, WA
Votes |
  • Virtual Assistant
  • Langley, WA
Replied Mar 14 2022, 12:34

Hi! I'm Stacy. I am mostly here to learn, as I learn really well by just reading about other people's experiences. 

I hope to invest in a vacation rental in the far future, but until then I am working as a virtual assistant for other people's vacation rentals, which is helping me learn a ton. 

I live on Whidbey Island in Washington State and fantasize about having a Glamping spot for a STR - but not completely sold on that yet. We'll see what the future holds.

User Stats

Votes
Jerry W.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Thermopolis, WY
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Thermopolis, WY
ModeratorReplied Mar 15 2022, 21:40

@Stacy Edwards , welcome to BP.  I mostly do long term rentals, but have 2 STRs in the form of a duplex.  Just today I added a third vacation rental.  It has a traveling professional in it until June, but then bookings are open.  I hope to add a fourth VR soon.  I bought a commercial property with an office and shop.  I hope to VR the office into a house, and rent the shop out separately.  We will see how it goes.  Find some niche or new idea and just try it.  That is how I got started.  Post here if you need advice on it.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 18 2022, 08:12

Hey everyone!

1. 🌎 Where you’re based + where you (hope to) invest - Houston, Texas

2. 💫 What your goals are with joining BiggerPockets (e.g. buy my first house hack) - how to become an investor in my industry

3. 🤪 A fun fact about yourself - I was born on a Friday the 13th, full moon

User Stats

Votes
Ernest E. Davis
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
Replied Mar 20 2022, 07:46

1. 🌎 Where you’re based + where you (hope to) invest:

2. 💫 What your goals are with joining BiggerPockets (e.g. buy my first house hack)

Hello BiggerPockets,

I am not new to the content. I believe I joined in 2019, but have not been as active as I know I should due the complexities of life. I look forward to connecting to those in my area to collaborate on like goals.  I currently live in Mooresville, NC, and hope to find a multi-family property (preferably a 4-plex) that I can house hack.  I currently rent in Mooresville, NC and own one side of a duplex in columbia, SC of which I bought in 2010.  The ideal location of my next property would be the Lincolnton, NC to Gastonia, NC area.   Fun fact I guess would be that I am retiring from the army reserves after 22 years and three deployments in the next year or so which will allow me the freedom to focus on my passion for real estate. I also enjoy outdoorsy things like fishing and gardening.

Ernest

User Stats

Votes
Dock Newell Jr
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Grand Forks, ND
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Grand Forks, ND
Replied Mar 20 2022, 13:39
Quote from @Ernest E. Davis:

1. 🌎 Where you’re based + where you (hope to) invest:

Hello BiggerPockets,

I am not new to the content. I believe I joined in 2019, but have not been as active as I know I should due the complexities of life. I look forward to connecting to those in my area to collaborate on like goals.  I currently live in Mooresville, NC, and hope to find a multi-family property (preferably a 4-plex) that I can house hack.  I currently rent in Mooresville, NC and own one side of a duplex in columbia, SC of which I bought in 2010.  The ideal location of my next property would be the Lincolnton, NC to Gastonia, NC area.   Fun fact I guess would be that I am retiring from the army reserves after 22 years and three deployments in the next year or so which will allow me the freedom to focus on my passion for real estate. I also enjoy outdoorsy things like fishing and gardening.

Ernest

Congratulations on your pending retirement. Its so cool to hear other veterans apart of REI

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 27 2022, 13:31

Hello world! Glad to be part of the community. Just a small time invenstor now but learning more everyday. 

*Columbus, ga. Amazing market right now. Inventory is decent and the market is primarily rent based. Easy to find the right renter here.

Expand my LLC. Grow past 10 units. Invest in commercial multifamily. Learn all that I can. Find ways to continue growth and build a foundation for the business.

Our llc name is "Go Team Rhodes, LLC" which is a reference to a show - Venture Brothers on adult swim.

Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 30 2022, 17:46

Hello All,

1. I am based in Tampa Bay, Florida and hope to have my first investment property in 2022.

2.My goal in joining BB is to gain knowledge and be able to achieve my first investment property in 2022.

3.Fun fact about myself... I have live in PA, AZ, SC, & FL and have never lived in a home for more than 8 years. It's time to move. This year I'm on 7 yrs.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 31 2022, 05:44

Hi Everyone!

🌎 I'm based in Palm Bay, FL and interested in investing locally before expanding to other states.

💫 My goals with BP is to learn and network with other investors. I am interested in small multi-family and single family homes. I plan to BRRRR and jumpstart my portfolio in the first 2 years.

🤪 I am a numbers person 💯. I have a bookkeeping & tax company and also work W2 for a construction company. I have 10+ years in construction & property preservation. My "Why" is to leave a legacy for my 3 daughters (ages 22, 17 & 5 months).

User Stats

Votes
Barbara Lynn
  • Wholesaler
  • Burlington NC
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Burlington NC
Replied Apr 2 2022, 14:13

Hello everyone! I have been busy in the past with BPers and had a closing with one from this site way back and took a break and now ramped up for a new place!

I am in Burlington NC. I will work with sellers in my backyard. 

My goal is to talk to sellers here in NC and I obtain the contract and assign to buyer. I have done this in GA and excited to do again.

I have closed a deal with a buyer in GA in the past and met amazing people on BP. I hope to add value. I hope to connect with buyers and provide great deals. 

I love to cook! 

User Stats

Votes
John Roland Ramos
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Apr 12 2022, 09:28

Hi, I am from San Antonio, Texas.  My goal is to become an investor and build a rental portfolio so I can spend more time with my son.  I am a Full time Train Conductor and I am also in the Navy Reserves.  I love to play sports like Sand Volleyball, flag-football and kickball.  My all time favorite thing to do is hangout with my 6 year old son.  

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 13 2022, 01:16

@Barbara Lynn Hi Barbara, I'm in Durham,NC and would be interested in your wholesale contract list

User Stats

Votes
Josh Hall
  • Virginia
Votes |
  • Virginia
Replied Apr 18 2022, 12:19

Hey guys! Stoked to be apart of this group!

I am actually based right on the Virginia/Tennessee line, but I live on the Virginia side. I am interested in investing in my TN/VA area, but also interested in Memphis, TN.

My goals with BiggerPockets are to gain as much knowledge as my brain can handle, and to eventually purchase my first rental property!

Fun fact about myself, I am basically a fish…I love being in and around water. The lake is my home away from homes and my goal is to one day purchase a home right on the lake!

User Stats

Votes
Valentina Calla
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orlando, FL
Replied Apr 19 2022, 14:51

Hello everyone! My name is Valentina and I am a real estate agent/investor!

1. I work and live in Orlando, FL and I invest in the Central Florida area as well 😊

2. I love networking with like-minded entrepreneurs in the BP community and I learn a lot from the forums as well!

3. I use to work in the veterinary field!

User Stats

Votes
Michael Thomas
  • New to Real Estate
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Baltimore, MD
Replied May 2 2022, 18:34

Hi everyone --

Long time listener, first listener, first time caller here. 

1. I live in Baltimore, MD and am hoping to start my journey in the same area (northern Virginia, DC, Baltimore, etc.). I am initially hoping to get started with a house hack in fall of 2022. 

2. BiggerPockets has been an awesome resource so far -- the podcasts, the calculators, the forums, and I just got back from the Rookie Bootcamp weekend event in Denver. I'm hoping to continue to meet awesome people with similar goals. 

3. I'm a big outdoors fan and work a second job at a local REI for both the employee discount and to meet similar outdoorsy people. The biggest daily mental challenge is the urge to go on big adventures while still working towards real estate and FI goals. I'm headed to Kilimanjaro in 2023 (I only rationalized this thru some credit card reward hacking and committing to stay at REI until the trip -- the cost of which will essentially equal out to what I take home from REI in a given year).

I would love to connect with others. If you are looking to start your house hack, if you are in the DMV area, and/or if you're outdoorsy and want to compare notes on future or past adventures. And if you're in my area, please hit me up! Would love to grab coffee, drinks, lunch, etc. and chat. 

Mike T. 

User Stats

Votes
Laleh Omaraie
  • Investor
  • Fairfax, VA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Fairfax, VA
Replied May 2 2022, 18:50

Hello everybody!

1. 🌎 I'm based in Northern Virginia and hoping to invest within a 6 hour drive. Originally from the Chicago suburbs though - go Cubs!

2. 💫 My goals joining BiggerPockets are to connect with other real estate investors to gain experience in utilizing real estate as a means of hitting FIRE. (Specifically, I'm hoping to hit Coast FI within 10 years, preferably less.) I love my job but I love the idea of being work-optional more!

3. 🤪 During the pandemic I bought a stroller for my cat! It's a work in progress...

User Stats

Votes
David Fernandez
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Vienna, VA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Vienna, VA
Replied May 3 2022, 03:43

Welcome @Michael Thomas and @Laleh Omaraie

The DMV is a great area to invest and there are many local investors sharing knowledge in these forums. 

I’m a seasoned agent and investor with properties in northern Virginia, Baltimore, and a few places in between these two areas. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Sam Kahl
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Baltimore, MD
Replied May 3 2022, 05:08
Quote from @Michael Thomas:

Hi everyone --

1. I live in Baltimore, MD and am hoping to start my journey in the same area (northern Virginia, DC, Baltimore, etc.). I am initially hoping to get started with a house hack in fall of 2022. 

2. BiggerPockets has been an awesome resource so far -- the podcasts, the calculators, the forums, and I just got back from the Rookie Bootcamp weekend event in Denver. I'm hoping to continue to meet awesome people with similar goals. 

3. I'm a big outdoors fan and work a second job at a local REI for both the employee discount and to meet similar outdoorsy people. The biggest daily mental challenge is the urge to go on big adventures while still working towards real estate and FI goals. I'm headed to Kilimanjaro in 2023 (I only rationalized this thru some credit card reward hacking and committing to stay at REI until the trip -- the cost of which will essentially equal out to what I take home from REI in a given year).

I would love to connect with others. If you are looking to start your house hack, if you are in the DMV area, and/or if you're outdoorsy and want to compare notes on future or past adventures. And if you're in my area, please hit me up! Would love to grab coffee, drinks, lunch, etc. and chat. 

Mike T. 

Hey Mike! Also from the Baltimore area (born and raised in the Parkville area, live in Bel Air now but still work in the region). What part of the Baltimore do you call home?

User Stats

Votes
Jack Seiden
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Washington DC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Washington DC
Replied May 3 2022, 06:24
Quote from @Michael Thomas:

Hi everyone --

Mike T. 

Also in the DMV feel free to reach out!
  • Real Estate Agent Virginia (#0225260957), District of Columbia (#Sp40001090), and Maryland (#667710)

• Samson Properties
Samson Properties  Logo

User Stats

Votes
Tim Jacob
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Baltimore, MD
Replied May 3 2022, 13:21

@Michael Thomas

I'm an investor and agent here in Baltimore as well.  I've owned and managed here as well as in the DMV and areas in between for a while now.  House hacks are how I started and a great way to get going in real estate.  Feel free to reach out if you need any advice on the market or moving forward with deals or related questions.