Votes |
Hello and welcome to BiggerPockets!

Alli McGee
Pro Member
  • Product Manager at BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
Posted Aug 2 2021, 15:31

Hello and welcome to our community! 👋👋👋

Next step: After uploading a profile pic, kindly introduce yourself here! 

1. 🌎 Where you’re based + where you (hope to) invest

2. 💫 What your goals are with joining BiggerPockets (e.g. buy my first house hack)

3. 🤪 A fun fact about yourself

We’ve found that members who engage with the community get more out of BiggerPockets and have an easier time building their network.

​​Community rules:
1. Be kind

2. Be helpful

3. Ask well-formed, thoughtful questions

4. Don’t spam the forums or cold private message people promoting yourself or your business
(self-promotion is only allowed in this forum)

5. Have fun!

If you have any concerns about our community rules and guidelines, you can find them here!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 2 2022, 23:07

Hi Everyone!

1. 🌎 I'm from Huntington Beach, CA and looking to invest in the Southeast- likely FL or GA.

2. 💫 My goal here is to add as much value to conversations, learn as much as I can about seller financing, and investing in multi-family.

3. 🤪 I'm addicted to extreme sports 

Have a great rest of the week!

Talk soon, 

Jori

User Stats

Votes
Mike Neal
  • St Petersburg, FL
Votes |
  • St Petersburg, FL
Replied Aug 22 2022, 12:10

Hello Bigger Pockets!

1. 🌎 I operate out of St. Petersburg Florida. The more fun Tampa haha ;)

2. 💫 My first goal is to build business relationships for my junk hauling business. Goal #2 is to own a duplex to house hack by the end of 2023.

3. 🤪 I got my RE license originally when I had no car.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jared Prevost
  • Lender
  • Tampa, Fl
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Tampa, Fl
Replied Aug 25 2022, 08:48
Quote from @Mike Neal:

Hello Bigger Pockets!

2. 💫 My first goal is to build business relationships for my junk hauling business. Goal #2 is to own a duplex to house hack by the end of 2023.

3. 🤪 I

In my personal opinion, if you're looking to work with investors for your junk hauling business, try this (nearly free) marketing strategy.

1) Build a list of wholesalers and wholesale companies, ideally folks doing at least one deal every month

2) Ask if you could be of service to any of their regular fix and flip buyers. If they aren't willing to share their buyers' list, you could offer to pay something like $50 for the list and most wholesalers would say yes

3) Call these buyers and mention you have a relationship with a wholesaler who has brought them good deals before in the past. See if they would be interested in trying you out as a junk removal company

You could just post on FB groups, but the problem there is that 90% of people will just be wasting your time. Also, you could see if any wholesalers do junk removal before assigning their contracts.

Hope this is helpful for you!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 25 2022, 09:39

1. I'm based in Lexington, VA and looking to invest in southern Virginia

2. I hope to start investing in multi-family homes

3. I’m a licensed Private Pilot 🛩✈️

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 26 2022, 04:45

Hello everyone,

My name is Dennis Fletcher

1. 🌎 Where you’re based + where you (hope to) invest

I am based out of Greensboro, MD (The Eastern Shore of Maryland). I am interested in rental properties, mostly SFH. I am interested in Delaware and Maryland for investment properties.

2. 💫 What your goals are with joining BiggerPockets (e.g. buy my first house hack)

I want to learn more, network more and generally be a part of a good investment group, which is why I am here. I am hoping that this will motivate me and give me some great resources.

3. 🤪 A fun fact about yourself

I am an avid die-cast car collector, woodworker and RPG player. 

User Stats

Votes
Alex Hinrichsen
  • New to Real Estate
  • Ames, IA
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Ames, IA
Replied Sep 7 2022, 09:10

Hi everyone,

My name is Alex and I am new to BiggerPockets. I have just started reading some forums and listening to the podcast. I am excited to introduce myself and start meeting like minded investors. 

1. 🌎 I currently live in Ames, IA. I have not decided on a specific market to invest but hoping to start locally and branch out from there.

2. 💫 My wife and I are just starting out on our real estate journey and are looking to buy our first long term rental.

3. 🤪 I love to travel and see historic sites. My favorite trip so far has been to Lake Como in Italy and to Greece. Looking forward to more exciting adventures with family.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 9 2022, 11:57

Hi fellow BiggerPocket friends! So excited to be a part of this community.

1. I am based out of Lincoln Nebraska (and surprisingly enough, there is more than just corn in NE!)

2. My goal for joining BiggerPockets is to be more in the know and updated on the property management industry. I work at CompanyCam. A lot of our users are in the property management space. I want to understand the field better because of them!

3. I have never seen the Lion King 🦁

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 10 2022, 17:30

Hello everyone!

1. 🌎 Hello from Rock Hill, SC! For now, I'm looking to invest locally here in York county and eventually branch out from there. I'm looking to start out with buy-and-hold single-family and small multi-family rental investments.

2. 💫 Looking primarily to learn and connect with others working on similar investments.

3. 🤪 I'm an avid sim racer. Most nights you can find me racing simulated race cars against others from around the world 🏎

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 11 2022, 23:04

Hello,

1. 🌎 I live in West Sacramento, CA and looking to stay in the Sacramento area.

2. 💫 We want to purchase a larger home and rent out the house we are currently living in.

3. 🤪 I have never been to Disney Land.

User Stats

Votes
Ranjit Sandhu
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Rocklin, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Rocklin, CA
Replied Sep 12 2022, 18:05

@John Lindley I'm in Rocklin area and I'm a Broker. Living here in Rocklin for the past 26 years. Let me know if I can be any help.

User Stats

Votes
Kelsey Bailey
  • Property Manager
  • Bay Area-Greater Sacramento
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Bay Area-Greater Sacramento
Replied Sep 13 2022, 08:57

Welcome @John Lindley - You will meet lots of great people here and have access to a lot of information and help! 

User Stats

Votes
Gregory Sabers
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Sacramento, CA
Replied Sep 14 2022, 10:23

@John Lindley welcome to the area! There are lots of great resources on here for Sacramento. We are a local Mortgage Broker, so please reach out for agent recommendations, and let me know if you'd like any help with your financing. I'd be happy to take a look and give you a second opinion at the very least if you're already working with another lender.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 18 2022, 22:06

Hello everyone! I’m new to the community and new to the idea of real estate investing (1 month in!) so I’m super excited to be here!

1.) I currently live in the San Francisco Bay Area and am hoping to invest out of state. I still need to narrow down which city but am interested in Florida or Tennessee.

2.) My goals in joining BiggerPockets is to buy my first rental property by February 2023 and meet some awesome people along the way!

3.) Before I became a nurse, I worked at Hot Dog on a Stick and Coldstone Creamery!

User Stats

Votes
Sarah Kuhn
  • Real Estate Agent
  • SF Bay Area
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • SF Bay Area
Replied Sep 22 2022, 13:23

Hi Everyone!!! I'm Sarah and excited to network with you all :) 

1. 🌎 Currently live to SF Bay Area

2. 💫 Looking to partnering up with Airbnb CoHost & Property Management, then expand from there.

3. 🤪 I like to travel and drink good wine!

Looking forward to connecting and learning from all of you.

User Stats

Votes
Marisa Moore
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Replied Sep 22 2022, 16:10

Hello Everyone! 

1. I am based in Scottsdale, AZ and hope to invest all over the state of Arizona. 

2. My goal for joining is to connect with agents, investors, lender, contractors, ect,. to continue to grow my network and begin my journey in real estate investing! 

3. Well my favorite fact is that the brain named itself 

User Stats

Votes
Sal Suriano
  • New to Real Estate
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Sep 26 2022, 13:21

Hey everyone!

1. I'm currently based in Los Angeles, CA. I moved here earlier this year, so I'm still getting the lay of the land, but I'm looking to try RE wholesaling in the area and hopefully a house hacking project soon. I'm also looking to invest in rental properties in Nashville, TN (I lived there for 4 years and love it) and the east coast of FL (where I grew up).

2. My goals here are to build a network of folks looking for creative ways to achieve financial freedom and learn as much as possible from people who are farther along in this than myself!

3. I'm a musician and currently work in the music industry on the production side of things. 

User Stats

Votes
Wilson C.
Pro Member
  • Daly City
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Daly City
Replied Sep 26 2022, 15:53

Hello guys! 
I am based in California, I am not sure where to invest yet! 

My goal is to invest in a multifamily house ( 1st house), I just joined BG pro, and now I am trying to learn Real Estate as much as possible.

I was in Art majors but became a chef now... 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 2 2022, 16:58

Hey Bigger Pockets members, I’m Nick Knoshaug I’m 33 years old and I’m a union electrician as my W2 and I’m interested in buying my first deal thanks to the bigger pockets podcasts! 

I’m from a town st. Charles county Missouri and I currently live in Jefferson county Missouri and that is also where I plan to invest. 

My goals are to buy my first investment property and I plan to buy and hold all of my investments. 

A fun fact about me is I love cars and motorcycles, and I used to do Autobody for a living and plan to do more Autobody when I build my addition onto my house hopefully I’ll pay back the heloc with cashflow from my first deal..

A funny pic my wife took of my favorite liability lol

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 2 2022, 17:09
Quote from @Jared Prevost:
Quote from @Mike Neal:

Hello Bigger Pockets!

3. 🤪 I

In my personal opinion, if you're looking to work with investors for your junk hauling business, try this (nearly free) marketing strategy.

1) Build a list of wholesalers and wholesale companies, ideally folks doing at least one deal every month

2) Ask if you could be of service to any of their regular fix and flip buyers. If they aren't willing to share their buyers' list, you could offer to pay something like $50 for the list and most wholesalers would say yes

3) Call these buyers and mention you have a relationship with a wholesaler who has brought them good deals before in the past. See if they would be interested in trying you out as a junk removal company

You could just post on FB groups, but the problem there is that 90% of people will just be wasting your time. Also, you could see if any wholesalers do junk removal before assigning their contracts.

Hope this is helpful for you!

That is awesome advice, maybe a potential business idea I could add to my portfolio🤔

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 2 2022, 17:11

Are there any investor meet-ups in Jefferson county Missouri?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 5 2022, 12:12

1. 🌎 I am currently based in Atlanta. I want to start investing here but eventually nationally.

2. 💫 My goals are with joining BiggerPockets are to connect with like-minded people and to learn from people who have achieved the things I want to do. Initially that would be getting my first few wholesale deals under my belt. I actually have an "intro" post with a few questions here.

3. 🤪 I was UNDEFEATED (unde-feet-ed?) in both the 50 and 100 yard dashes from kindergarten through 4th grade.

User Stats

Votes
Ethan Hanes
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Westlake Village, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Westlake Village, CA
Replied Oct 5 2022, 16:00
Quote from @Wilson C.:

Hello guys! 
I am based in California, I am not sure where to invest yet! 

My goal is to invest in a multifamily house ( 1st house), I just joined BG pro, and now I am trying to learn Real Estate as much as possible.

I was in Art majors but became a chef now... 

Wilson! Welcome to BP! I love that you’re looking into investing in multifamily. It’s a fantastic way to grow wealth and equity. Let’s connect and shoot me a message!

Ethan B. Hanes
Hanes Investment Realty

User Stats

Votes
Ethan Hanes
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Westlake Village, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Westlake Village, CA
Replied Oct 5 2022, 16:02
Quote from @Sal Suriano:

Hey everyone!

1. I'm currently based in Los Angeles, CA. I moved here earlier this year, so I'm still getting the lay of the land, but I'm looking to try RE wholesaling in the area and hopefully a house hacking project soon. I'm also looking to invest in rental properties in Nashville, TN (I lived there for 4 years and love it) and the east coast of FL (where I grew up).

2. My goals here are to build a network of folks looking for creative ways to achieve financial freedom and learn as much as possible from people who are farther along in this than myself!

3. I'm a musician and currently work in the music industry on the production side of things. 

Hi Sal! I love that you’re taking steps to grow toward’s financial freedom. I work in multifamily real estate in Los Angeles and would love to connect. Let’s do it!

Ethan B. Hanes
Hanes Investment Realty

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 6 2022, 20:53

Hi everyone!!

I am based in Modesto, California. I have not decided where to invest yet, looking for best option!

My goals with BP is to meet people and get started in my investing journey. I am mainly trying to use my VA loan but open to any other strategies.

A fun fact about me is I have backpacked the Tahoe Rim Trail!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 9 2022, 07:16

Hello,
1. My name is Daniel Odu, i am interested in the development aspect of real estate, and i am just starting my own RE development company in opportunity zones. Excited about this journey!

2. My goal is to develop multiple subdivisions in underserved areas across the country.

3. Fun Fact- I am a partime physician and retired Soccer player.