Votes |
Hello and welcome to BiggerPockets!

Alli McGee
Pro Member
  • Product Manager at BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
Posted Aug 2 2021, 15:31

Hello and welcome to our community! 👋👋👋

Next step: After uploading a profile pic, kindly introduce yourself here! 

1. 🌎 Where you’re based + where you (hope to) invest

2. 💫 What your goals are with joining BiggerPockets (e.g. buy my first house hack)

3. 🤪 A fun fact about yourself

We’ve found that members who engage with the community get more out of BiggerPockets and have an easier time building their network.

​​Community rules:
1. Be kind

2. Be helpful

3. Ask well-formed, thoughtful questions

4. Don’t spam the forums or cold private message people promoting yourself or your business
(self-promotion is only allowed in this forum)

5. Have fun!

If you have any concerns about our community rules and guidelines, you can find them here!

User Stats

Votes
Billy Daniel
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Russellville, AR
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Russellville, AR
Replied Dec 21 2022, 18:41
Quote from @Louis Pacheco:

Hello BiggerPockets community. I’m Louis from Arkansas and I’m 21 years old. I currently work in a factory and plan on investing 30k I have saved up in  my local real estate market to help my grandparents and myself. I’ve been listening to the podcast for 2-3 hours a day for the past few weeks and plan on using the knowledge I’ve gained to buy my first property within a year. It’s a pleasure to be in such an amazing and wonderful community and can’t wait for the future holds for me.

Hey @Louis Pacheco!  Welcome to the forums!  There is a ton of information here to answer any questions you might have.  I'm an investor/agent in Arkansas so feel free to reach out if you have any questions or just want to discuss the market in general!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 23 2022, 07:28

Hello BP Community,

I am based out of Los Angeles CA and I’m looking to invest in the West or Mid-West regions.

My goal in joining BP is to connect and learn with the experts in this community so that I can invest in multi-family homes.

Fun fact about me- I moved out to CA last year from NJ!

Can’t wait to connect with everyone here!

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.

User Stats

Votes
Liam Egan
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Dec 24 2022, 18:52

Hello Everyone!

1. 🌎 I am based in Orlando FL and hoping to start locally but expand into other states as I get more experience. 

2. 💫 I'm looking to buy and hold rental properties long term.

3. 🤪 I enjoy riding my electric unicycle. 

User Stats

Votes
Tyler Gibson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orlando, FL
Replied Dec 24 2022, 20:06
Quote from @Liam Egan:

Hello Everyone!

1. 🌎 I am based in Orlando FL and hoping to start locally but expand into other states as I get more experience. 

2. 💫 I'm looking to buy and hold rental properties long term.

3. 🤪 I enjoy riding my electric unicycle. 

Welcome Liam! There is a great investor community here in Orlando with several meetups. I suggest you get connected and start networking locally as you begin to build your portfolio. 

GPG Team Logo

User Stats

Votes
Soren Loftus
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jan 5 2023, 20:49

Hello BP fam! 

1. I'm based in Anchorage AK and hope to invest initially here locally. I also have a brother who's flipped a few houses in Lynchburg VA who I've talked to about going in on a project together.

2. My goals are to turn my financial ship around and steer myself to financial freedom. I want to retire from clinical dentisty at 40 years old. That gives me 11 years to kill it! I've already got a plan that scares me.

3. I love biohacking and facilitating healing ceremonies. Mushrooms, breathwork, Ice baths, movement, etc. Something I'm actually holding with curiosity and compassion is how to be authentic to my values and beleifs and pursue wealth. I believe the system is broken, and I'm not entirely sure how comfortable I am exploiting it.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Webb
  • Investor
  • Central Virginia
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Central Virginia
Replied Jan 6 2023, 06:08

Hi @Soren Loftus, you mention that the system is broken, what does that mean to you? I am curious. 

User Stats

Votes
Soren Loftus
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jan 6 2023, 06:31
Quote from @Chris Webb:

Hi @Soren Loftus, you mention that the system is broken, what does that mean to you? I am curious. 

That depends how deep you want to go 😜. Surface level.. eternal growth and expansion doesn’t serve humans or the earth well. We’re all suffering from chronic overstimulation and disconnection. This state of anxiety and inflammation has just become our normal. The education, food, tech, medical and financial systems are designed to keep people poor, dumb and numb so they make good worker bees and are easy to control.

Real estate investing combined with business ownership is honestly the best method I can see for rebelling and escaping that rat race and creating freedom for not only myself but also for my future grandkids. The other option that an increasing number of people are taking is simply opting out. Leaving their tech jobs to start community homesteads. That’s tempting and I’ve thought about it, but I have 550k in debt right now so I need to go deeper into the system first in order to break free of it. Also, I don’t actually desire to go full on homestead 😅

Maybe that’s a little too much honesty here though ha 🤷🏼‍♂️