• Rental Property Investor
  • Pocatello, ID
Votes |
Leads for buyers/sellers

Todd Palmer
  • Pocatello, ID
Posted May 11 2017, 09:18

I have been getting leads from my facebook page and my website, tmprealestate.com for properties in the south east idaho area, Pocatello mostly so far. I can't buy them all, I would like to find some Real Estate Agents and investors who would like leads and give me a commission for them, I would be open to different terms. If you are interested let me know. Thanks

User Stats

Votes
Christopher Phillips
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Garden City, NY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Garden City, NY
Replied May 11 2017, 09:24

@Todd Palmer

You can only get a referral fee or a commission if you hold a license.

User Stats

Votes
David Clinton III
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Coeur D Alene, ID
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Coeur D Alene, ID
Replied May 11 2017, 09:45

@Todd Palmer, I got my Idaho license just for comps - since here in Idaho, it's near impossible to find them without actual MLS access. I began listing my own properties for sale, etc, which was nice to save the agent fees by doing the listing myself. However, over time, I realized how much value a good agent can add, and I use other agents to list my properties for me, in order to focus on what I do best (finding deals and solving problems). Now, I keep my license mainly to have the ability to get referral fees from the dozens of leads for which I know I am not the best solution. It's been working great.

All that to say, it's probably worth getting your license in this business, particularly in a "non-disclosure state" like Idaho.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Todd Palmer
  • Pocatello, ID
Votes |
  • Pocatello, ID
Replied May 11 2017, 10:03

I met a lady in a facebook group who has been posting articles on her friends facebook page who is a real estate broker, "like 5 things to do to get your house ready to sell", "value of a property inspection before selling your house" 'picking a great agent" and so on. Then the agent gives her a commission if he gets the house and sells it.

I have been offering a free home evaluation and advertising a couple rentals I have open on facebook and have been getting alot of reponses/leads. I know and work with several agents in my area and I am going to see if I can do the same thing. I want to do it on my facebook page and then share them so I can keep my tags and search terms private. 

User Stats

Votes
Todd Palmer
  • Pocatello, ID
Votes |
  • Pocatello, ID
Replied May 11 2017, 10:04

These are people who have not yet listed their house with a agent. I also have been getting leads on people who are about to get foreclosed on or want out of their property. I have also been getting alot of requests for rentals that i do not have, like 3 bed 2 bath, (the ones i have ads for lately have been 2 bed, 1 bath).

User Stats

Votes
Todd Palmer
  • Pocatello, ID
Votes |
  • Pocatello, ID
Replied May 11 2017, 10:05

i am trying to find a way to capitalize on these leads so I can get more properties and promote my website. I am looking at adding a apartments for rent section for my area too.