Votes
Micah Pearce
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
Real Estate Crowdfunding - Streitwise and DIversyFund

Micah Pearce
  • San Antonio, TX
Posted Jun 19 2019, 07:47

I've been in the crowdfunding market for 2 years. I have pretty good success with Realtiy Mogul, Rich Uncle, AHP and moderate success with Fundrise. I recently went to see if any new platforms were available and saw that there is one called streitwise and one called DiversyFund. Has anyone had experience with these 2 platforms?

Streitwise seems fine. It takes forever for your money to get there, but other than that I think it looks fine.

I'm really skeptical about DiversyFund. Most of DiversyFund's review on Google come from 11 months ago. And someone on Facebook is yelling fake reviews too. Plus they are claiming a 17% return. I smell a scam. But maybe I'm wrong. 

Thanks,

NightHawk

User Stats

Votes
John Corey
  • London
Votes |
  • London
Replied Jun 19 2019, 08:14

NightHawk,

In terms of your CF investments so far, are we walking about debt only investments? If not, what sort of equity deals have you funded on a platform? 

My experience is with UK CF platforms. I am learning about options in the USA. 

FYI - I have a USA passport so no issues with being an overseas investor.

User Stats

Votes
Ian Ippolito
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Jun 19 2019, 08:19
Originally posted by @Micah Pearce:

I've been in the crowdfunding market for 2 years. I have pretty good success with Realtiy Mogul, Rich Uncle, AHP and moderate success with Fundrise. I recently went to see if any new platforms were available and saw that there is one called streitwise and one called DiversyFund. Has anyone had experience with these 2 platforms?

Streitwise seems fine. It takes forever for your money to get there, but other than that I think it looks fine.

I'm really skeptical about DiversyFund. Most of DiversyFund's review on Google come from 11 months ago. And someone on Facebook is yelling fake reviews too. Plus they are claiming a 17% return. I smell a scam. But maybe I'm wrong. 

Thanks,

Micah,

There are literally hundreds to choose from. If you are an aggressive investor then those sites you are on may be perfectly fine for you. As a conservative investor, I am personally not comfortable in investing in any of those platforms as I prefer sponsors with a lot more experience, a lot more skin in the game, better fees, a model that can be recession stress tested, etc.. If that's your situation I would recommend starting with CrowdStreet ArborCrowd and RealCrowd for top-tier platforms that have both equity and debt deals. However you still have to do your due diligence, and you may need to branch out to personal networking or an investor club, in order to find many of the most experienced sponsors with multiple listing cycles of experience, as these are generally not listing on the platforms because they don't need to.

DiversyFund may be fine for aggressive investors. As a conservative investor, I feel the principals have too much of a checkered past for me to be interested versus other options which don't have that issue. If you want more information, PM me.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Young C.
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Oct 12 2019, 15:30

I funded Streitwise in the middle of August and received my first quarterly dividend in the second week of October as they payout quarterly.  I agreed that it was a slow process to fund and see my account setup.  I'm still testing it out before I fund more.

User Stats

Votes
Young C.
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Oct 12 2019, 15:40

@Micah Pearce what's your experience so far if you ended up investing in DiversyFund?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 23 2020, 21:03

As Diversyfund advertises possible return of 15-20% IRR, I have a question for you guys.

If I invest 10K with them for 5 years, with 20% IRR what will be the total return at the end of 5 year cycle?